Respected Contributor

Re: Do you use birds in decor?

I do.  I have cages with carved and painted wooden birds inside them atop an armoire.  I have some lamps with birds worked into the base.  I have other bird decor here and there at different times of the year.  I never knew there was a superstition about having bird decor inside the house.

Honored Contributor

I love birds.  I have a small collection of bird houses on my screened in porch, and I have a pair of ceramic birds on a table out there.  I just recently bought a small bronze bird on a wood block that I have on a chest in my living room.  I have a very old Fenton blue bird and a Polish stoneware small bird that I bought when Gloria was coming to QVC.  I may have more, but that's all I can think of right now.

Day after day the whole day through, wherever my road inclined, four feet said 'I'm coming with you!' and trotted along behind. Kipling

Respected Contributor

I wanted a seabird like a sandpiper but never got one. 
I am surprised VPH hasn't offered any birds this year.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a set of doves that I keep moving around the house. Love these. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Just a few...

a large cream and beige chunky bird, 

a stuffed feathered owl, perched on a curtain rod,

a small cream and beige owl, on a wire wall shelf, mixed in with pottery,

a stained glass panel featuring several different american songbirds.

(Now, don't even get me started on my rusted metal bird silouttes out on the back deck

railings... I guess I do have a thing for birds and owls 🙂)

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

Like @oznell  I have the white distressed Valerie birds.  I love owls and have a hand painted owl picture on canvas in my living room.  Also I have snowy owls I purchased from Balsam Hill I put out at Christmastime.  Love them Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Oh, that's neat that you have those four white Valerie birds, @LindaSal .  Isn't it fun to position them around?  They have such cute little personalities.  I'd like to put them out as soon as the snow flies (or earlier, if I can't wait that long!)

Super Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

Like @oznell  I have the white distressed Valerie birds.  I love owls and have a hand painted owl picture on canvas in my living room.  Also I have snowy owls I purchased from Balsam Hill I put out at Christmastime.  Love them Smiley Happy

no, sorry

Super Contributor

I have 2 owls that I display in the Fall on the mantle.  I have one birdbath all year in the backyard.