Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you use birds in decor?

This year I'm using many glass birds and eggs on Valerie's glistening slim tree. 
  I've used her beaded fruit several years because it takes less time.

Due to the pandemic I now have time so will enjoy my birds!

Esteemed Contributor

No birds.  When I was a little girl my mother bought decorative birds for the tree.  When my Irish aunt saw them she refused to come into the house until they were taken down. Birds play largely into Irish superstition.  While I am not superstitious I won't forget her fear so I stay clear of bird decor.

Contributor

Yes, for Christmas. I have a huge collection of blown glass birds, mostly clip-on. They are such a beautiful addtion to my tree!  

Esteemed Contributor

@traveler  I have many cardinals and doves on my Christmas tree. My granddaughter has many serious health issues, so the sparrow has also become a favorite year around.

Honored Contributor

Love owls as well, @traveler ,  and birds in general.  Have vintage bird prints, a pair of brass pheasants, some ceramic "patchwork" birds of Valerie's, and my winter white "distressed" birds from Valerie.

Gosh, it's been years since Valerie did those ceramic patchwork birds.

b9c8f8dfe0795960e014c990ee1a7727.jpgI have an old, wood framed pheasant art print leaning on the top of my desk, and I flank it with these two chubby patchwork birds of hers.  They look surprisingly like the pheasant in the print, with almost identical colors too. 

Honored Contributor

I have a small bird collection that I tuck into my other decor.  I like to put them on a book or tuck into a wreath or candle ring.  One is perched on top of my TV armoire.  I have two large pillows on my sofa with abstract bird paintings.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

My Christmas tree has many birds on it, some were purchased back when I got married back in - yikes - 1959!  And they, like me, look worn.  They still get put on the tree, but maybe not in the front lol.

Esteemed Contributor

No bird decor in my house. When I was little I remember my mom not wanting birds in the house.

Honored Contributor

I don't.

When I worked for a short time at a handmade art gallory, (they lied to me about the position being seasonal), there was a wonderful blue vace that had red dripping down the sides from the mouth of the vase.  

They put a branch in it and displayed beautiful hand carved, painted birds.  I really wanted the entire display, but it didn't happen.

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

I love owls and cardinals. Tuck them in places for my seasonal decor.

@traveler   Yes, I have birds for all seasons, and some are out all year.  I use birds and critters in all of my displays.

I have Fall, Spring, and Winter owls, all sizes and colors, the same with birds.