Esteemed Contributor

Do you still send out Christmas cards?

Every year I say that this is my last year....but I do cut down the list each year...

Respected Contributor

Re: Do you still send out Christmas cards?

[ Edited ]

I do but not nearly as many as I used to.  I like getting and receiving cards.  I also like to decorate with the Christmas cards around the house.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I say the same thing every year but always manage to send out cards 😃

Honored Contributor

I send very few - only after I may receive one.  Most are to out of towners that we rarely or never see anymore. 

Honored Contributor

I always was the very first one to make out all my Christmas cards and send them out near the beginning of December. A few years ago I decided to only send to those who I get a card from. Wow! I quickly learned that most only sent to us out of duty. Now that I only send to those who I get a card from, I've learned who really heartfully want to send a card to us.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Yes, I still send cards.  I love to do it.  I will say that over the years I have significantly cut back on the number I mail.  Mostly I just send cards to friends and family we don't get to see that often.  Another tradition that seems to be falling by the wayside. 

Woman Sad

Trusted Contributor

Our circle of family and friends has grown very small so I no longer have a Christmas card list. I miss the tradition but among people we know, it seems it is a tradition that has fallen by the wayside. What cards I do use, I usually include with presents or food gifts for family or friends. 

Esteemed Contributor

Not for years... and that is not just Christmas or Holiday cards.  I don't sent out any kind of card.  I just go online find a card place, copy and paste all the names of my friends or relatives and  send an appropriate card.  

Cards are expensive, stamps are expensive and people are not going to be any happier since I am not forgetting them no matter how they get the greetings.  

I guess you could say I have gotten lazy in my old age.  I just don't want to NOT do anything.  

Trusted Contributor

Absolutely!  I go to Hallmark and stand there looking through the boxed cards to find just the right one.  And, it has to say Christmas not Happy Holidays.

Respected Contributor

I haven't for the last couple of years...haven't decided what I will do this year. Mostly the people I send them to are folks I see all the time anyway...family and church friends.