Esteemed Contributor

Do you own 12" Illuminated Glitter Lantern with Holiday Scene by Valerie?

[ Edited ]
12" Illuminated Glitter Lantern with Holiday Scene by Valerie
12" Illuminated Glitter Lantern with Holiday Scene by Valerie - H218997

If you bought this last year or the year before,
please tell me how long the batteries last.  Lately I use Energizer or Rayovac Ultra. 

I have never ordered any of the VPH glitter lanterns with scenes in past years, but I like the cottage scene, so I ordered one for me and one for my mom's house.  They are on advance order, so I still have time to cancel. 

Thank you for any opinions, good or bad.  I read many reviews concerning the battery life, but wanted to hear from some of you here, who are always helpful.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you own 12" Illuminated Glitter Lantern with Holiday Scene by Valerie?

Oh, and  @Susan Louise, Remember our chat about the VPH cardinal glitter candle?  Well, I've gone back and rewatched the video several times.  I'm pretty sure I am going to cancel it.  You're right.  It just spins WAY too fast!  I liked the cardinals and the holly and the fact that it comes with an adapter.  Oh well.  Something else will come along that will work out. 

Esteemed Contributor

I bought one last year to give as a gift  for my grandson  . I had bought one for myself a year earlier . I have not had any issues with mine, however I store it upright so the glitter does not settle . My daughter used hers  from just after Thanksgiving till  2nd week in Jan . I did not have to replace the batteries . I did use brand new batteries but I don't know which brand since I do not store with the batteries in it.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @skatting44.  That battery life is not so bad for this type of item.   I think it is supposed to get around 40 days when using the timer each day, which is about right.  

Contributor

I bought one two years ago with the Santa scene (flying over a village). Battery life is ok, could be better. But it really does look amazing. I have had more than one person literally stop in their tracks and ask me where I got it from. At night with no other lights on, it lights up the whole room. Definitely worth the annoyance of buying batteries more often.

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR   It's so awesome to see you posting again!  I remember our past years and the fun we all had at this time of the year!  I am satisfied with my waterglobe battery life. Believe me, I'd had worse!  Which one are you considering?  

Esteemed Contributor

@Qvcchristmas,

@BornToShop Thank you both!

BornToShop, 

Yes, we have had fun times!  So glad you're still here.

I like the Cottage lantern.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR    I have several of the Valerie lanterns and use Duracell Copper Top batteries. They last one month for me. I like the scenes very bright so this might be the reason they don't last longer for me. Most of the Valerie items eat batteries.....I have just accepted this. :-(

Valued Contributor

@SHOPR -- I purchased several of these lanterns when it was a TSV in 2019.  I gave them to my nieces, and kept a couple for myself.  I ordered three more this year.  In my opinion, this is the best version/style of all her glittered lanterns including this year's ornament TSV.  To me, the quality and design detail of this lantern is the most enduring.  I get about 30 to 40 days on duracell batteries.

Esteemed Contributor

@Regal Bee 

@Beauty Maven 

Thank you both.  I can handle a month of battery life for this particular item.  Some reviews were complaining of only a handful of days.  That was my concern.  

I have placed an order also for the TSV ornament with woodland deer scene.  But I'm pretty sure I will end up cancelling it soon.  The cottage lantern was not available on that ornament TSV day.

I just couldn't decide between several similar items, which one I wanted to gift my mom.  She has a 2 year old great-grandson who visits, and he is mesmerized by everything!  I do think the cottage scene will be the best option, because it appears to be nice enough for adults, while having some whimsy for kids.