Respected Contributor

Re: Do you have any holiday movie traditions?

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

Sometimes it's more fun to watch something that just "comes on" instead of a DVD that I play on purpose.

Does anybody else ever feel that way?

@GingerPeach  You don't want to know how many movies I watch when I catch them on TV when I already have the DVD, LOL  My husband thinks I'm nuts. 

My holiday list is White Christmas, Holiday Inn (how I wish this was in color so I could see the beautiful gowns!) and Love Actually.

I've had enough of Christmas Story (even though I enjoyed it the 1st 25 times) and sometimes watch Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (just for Cousin Eddie).

I'll have to catch Bishop's Wife this year and a few others mentioned I haven't seen.

Denise
Respected Contributor

We are so busy during the holidays that I rarely have time to watch anything, but around CIJ, I will watch Love Actually and The Holiday.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't schedule movie time but I love, love Holiday Inn.

My new holiday fave is Holiday Affair with Janet Leigh and bad boy Robert Mitchum. Much like Miracle on 34th street you have the struggling single mom who works at the department store but also manages to have mink coats and a housekeeper Smiley Happy

Gotta love it

Honored Contributor

I love the old movies.  Christmas in Connecticut, Holiday Affair, Miracle on 34th St., White Christmas and Holiday Inn.

And as dorky as it is, I don't miss A Very Brady Christmas. They seem to have relegated that to midnight during the week so I DVR it. 

Last year a group of us went to see White Christmas in the theatre and it was fantastic.  I don't think it's coming here this year. 

I just watch whenever they are on. We don't have any set traditions for these as my DH doesn't watch any of them.

Honored Contributor

On Halloween we always watch "The Lady in White."

BTW: I really miss Steve B"s Halloween shows from the old days. They were the best!!

Honored Contributor

My favorite Christmas movie is The Bishops Wife. I try never to miss it and if I do I have it on DVD!

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I love the old movies.  Christmas in Connecticut, Holiday Affair, Miracle on 34th St., White Christmas and Holiday Inn.

And as dorky as it is, I don't miss A Very Brady Christmas. They seem to have relegated that to midnight during the week so I DVR it. 

Last year a group of us went to see White Christmas in the theatre and it was fantastic.  I don't think it's coming here this year. 

I just watch whenever they are on. We don't have any set traditions for these as my DH doesn't watch any of them.

@Lipstickdiva  Oh yes, I forgot Christmas In Connecticut---another good movie!!!!...there is some funny diaglogue and scenes that make me laugh although I've seen it many times---Christmas seems to be more of a backdrop per se, it's a very enjoyable movie! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

My new holiday fave is Holiday Affair with Janet Leigh and bad boy Robert Mitchum. Much like Miracle on 34th street you have the struggling single mom who works at the department store but also manages to have mink coats and a housekeeper Smiley Happy

Gotta love it

@Snowpuppy  I always thought poor Joseph Cotton got the shaft in that movie....As for the housekeeper, I thought she was more of a babysitter that did a bit of cooking and light housework (I think that's what I always got roped into when I babysat as a teenager---you worked hard for that 50 cents to a dollar an hour) Woman Wink.......But yes Janet Leigh was fashionably dressed must've been her job requirement to look her best as a comparison shopper, I guess when her husband died in the war, his life insurance went to her wardrobe---Ah, Hollywood...Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Hallmark Channel Movies are great.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Gotta love it

I'm so glad you mentioned this one.  It's been on my Netflix queue for over a year, but it doesn't look like it's going to be available there any time soon.  I went to amazon and they had the movie, along with three others, in a DVD pack for only about $10.  So I ordered it instead.  I love watching old movies time and time again, so I think $10 is a good bargain.  Thanks again for the reminder, @Snowpuppy

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.