Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you have any annual Memorial Day rituals or events?

I also go to the cemetaries and put flower pots on my families graves.  I find it to be peaceful and special.  I always went with my parents on Memorial day to do our " cemetary rounds".  I promisied my Dad that after he was gone I would continue to put flowers on his Parents grave and I always have.  I miss my Mom and Dad every day and feel a special connection when I do my flowers on Memorial Day.

Respected Contributor

We make the cemetery trip too.  Many of the family are buried out of state but one set of Grandparents, Parents, Uncle, Sibling, and some longtime neighbors  are all in the same cemetery.  We also have plots lined up for when the time comes.  It's nice to just menader the grounds visiting from one to the next.  The style of stones and preferance for writing changes through the decades so it's an interesting trip from that aspect as well.  Makes me want to put serious thought into what I want my stone to look like.  I Know for sure I want the day month /year noted.  If I'm going to have a marker I want to mark all the days from start to finish.

Honored Contributor

I like to go to the parades. I was a majorette in high school and marched in many parades on Memorial day - 4th of July and labor day & Thanksgiving. Now I enjoy going and watching them.

Respected Contributor

BBQ. 

LAKE.

Family. Food. And Fun. - sounds good to me ... 

-Texas Hill Country-