Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a "gift closet?"

No, I don't have any spare closets.  And also, I buy gifts specifically for someone.  I don't buy random gifts.  I might buy a gift far in advance of an occasion if I see something which I think is perfect for someone.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I do not, but I do have a Candle Closet!!!!I always have candles and tarts in my candle closet, so if the need ever arises where I need a last minute gift, I could always give a Candle.......

My very super organized sister has a gift closet, and she even has wrapping paper(various kinds) as well.

She has mostly home items that she has found that she thought someone would like, and she got it at a great price......She said it really comes in handy at times.

Wrapping paper, gift bags, bows, ribbons.  Whenever I see any of these at cheap prices, I buy them and put them away.  

Valued Contributor

I have a part time craft business I do with my mom, so I guess you could say I have a HUGE gift ROOM!! lol (room is probably the size of an average living room) Most shows are juried where you have to bring 100% handcrafted items, but we do a show a few times a year where you can bring 'pre-made' items.  It's a great way to sell holiday items I don't decorate with anymore, craft supplies I no longer use, or other kitchy or general items!  So I'll buy things just to sell at this show!  I've stopped doing so in the past year or so as there is a LOT of stuff I have to sell! Trying to downsize!

I do gift things from that 'room' Smiley Happy A lot my clients look forward to a particular handmade thing we make, and other pre-made things I have, I've given to people.  

Respected Contributor

Sorta.  There's a small closet in the guest room where I store some potential presents.  Sometimes, I help myself to an item.  Just did when I needed a navy purse to match a pair of shoes.

Trusted Contributor

I don't have a gift closet per say, but I keep gifts I buy early and for "White Elephant" games inside my Christmas closet upstairs where family coming in and out will not see them around.

So I do have a Christmas decorations closet.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

Yes.  I keep new dish towels and some cake mixes and such on hand for visitors and guests, so there is always enough to make a cute gift bag.  

and useful gift bag.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't, but my best friend does.  In fact, it's not a closet, but an entire area of her finished basement.  It's beautiful down there; 80% of it is her "gift store."  That's what her family calls it. 

She buys things she sees spontaneously all during the year that she loves, or knows someone she buys for will love.  There it goes, right into her gift store.  A few of us lucky ones know we can go down there and pick out last minute gifts we need for others.  I've hit the jackpot on candleholders, glassware, scarves, etc.  I always reciprocate.  She has everything shelved neatly and separated by category.  It's a mini QVC warehouse in there -- although she does not shop from TV home shopping ever.  Her thrill is either coming across it by chance, or seeking it out -- then getting it home.

Nothing ever sits for long.  She's the kind of person that has a cocktail party and gives actual gifts (not just party favors) to everyone as they leave.   

When we meet up on a random weekend, we nearly always end up at a great market or store. 

Esteemed Contributor

The top shelf of my coat closet is used for "gifty" things, including a big box of special but yet-to-be-assigned gifts, Kringle Express bags, flat wrapping paper (I gave up on the rolls years ago and only go get one from the dollar store if I happen to have a gigantic gift to wrap), tissue paper, bows, ribbons, cards, tags, and nice gift boxes that are flattened until they are pressed into service. It's just my style to be overprepared. Smiley Happy

Like others, I also buy little things throughout the year for people, but I tend to either give them to the recipients right away (I admit to being fairly impatient) or I wrap them, tag them, and place them in my guest room closet until the holidays. (And I'll also admit that as of last Sunday, my non-food holiday shopping is done and everything is wrapped and waiting for December.)

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Yes.  I keep new dish towels and some cake mixes and such on hand for visitors and guests, so there is always enough to make a cute gift bag.  

and useful gift bag.

@Sooner Cute idea!

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

The top shelf of my coat closet is used for "gifty" things, including a big box of special but yet-to-be-assigned gifts, Kringle Express bags, flat wrapping paper (I gave up on the rolls years ago and only go get one from the dollar store if I happen to have a gigantic gift to wrap), tissue paper, bows, ribbons, cards, tags, and nice gift boxes that are flattened until they are pressed into service. It's just my style to be overprepared. Smiley Happy

Like others, I also buy little things throughout the year for people, but I tend to either give them to the recipients right away (I admit to being fairly impatient) or I wrap them, tag them, and place them in my guest room closet until the holidays. (And I'll also admit that as of last Sunday, my non-food holiday shopping is done and everything is wrapped and waiting for December.)

@loriqvc All I can say is WOW!