Super Contributor

Re: Do you have a "gift closet?"

@sunshine45

Ooooh I like your thinking.....  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I don't even have a linen closet in my apartment, so no gift closet. But I do keep small giftable items around, especially ramping up to Christmas time. I never know when a co-worker or friend is going to decide to bring me something small, so they're handy to have around. 

And a lot of them are from QVC sets or TSV sets. I get sets like the smaller bottles of Philosophy body washes or assorted sets of body butters, hand creams, etc. Some comes with scents I already have in larger sizes or received in another set, so I set the duplicates aside for gifting. A woman in my office recently came over to my desk to find out what smelled so good when I put on my Lemon Custard hand cream. I had a 6-oz bottle of body wash and an extra tub of body souffle at home, so I brought them in to give her the next day and she loves them. She was showing them to everyone who came by her desk that day.

Honored Contributor

I do not, but I do have a Candle Closet!!!!I always have candles and tarts in my candle closet, so if the need ever arises where I need a last minute gift, I could always give a Candle.......

My very super organized sister has a gift closet, and she even has wrapping paper(various kinds) as well.

She has mostly home items that she has found that she thought someone would like, and she got it at a great price......She said it really comes in handy at times..

Esteemed Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@ScrapHappy wrote:

Just during Christmas.  I put aside an extra bottle of wine or a nice box of chocolates just in case someone drops by or unexpectedly gives me something.

And along with chocolates and wine, it's where I keep Magic Mike.

Just during Christmas. 😎

@Snowpuppy Hahaha!

Honored Contributor

You shouldn't take things quite so literally.  I don't have a gift "closet" but I do have a top shelf for gifts and the bottom drawer of my dresser for small gifts.  Whenever I see something that I think would make a nice gift for someone "sometime", if the price is reasonable, I buy it and tuck it away.  Sometimes, I have someone in mind, sometimes not.  I have a friend who does the same thing.....yes....we are the people our friends come to when they are desperate for gift because they totally forgot about someone's birthday.  

Valued Contributor

@PA Mom-mom  More like a gift shelf or two in the hall closet. If there is a great sale, espcially items for small gifts like for a stylist (not the entire universe like they say). I like to always have candles and Waterford and Lenox on hand.The hosts get so many freebies/samples and shop alot, so they might actually have a full dedicated closet.

Esteemed Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@PA Mom-mom  More like a gift shelf or two in the hall closet. If there is a great sale, espcially items for small gifts like for a stylist (not the entire universe like they say). I like to always have candles and Waterford and Lenox on hand.The hosts get so many freebies/samples and shop alot, so they might actually have a full dedicated closet.

@wildlifewitch Yes, I didn't think about the hosts getting samples. I guess I would do the same. Also, it occurred to me that I am resorting more and more to SmileAmazon at work and at home. The orders usually get to me in two days and sometimes the next day.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

no

Honored Contributor

no

Valued Contributor

Same here.  Comes in handy.  I also give gifts to the giving trees at church and work.

I have done this for years.  My daughter has often asked me what do you have I can give and this just came up and I am broke.