Respected Contributor

Re: Do you decorate your kitchen?

@violann I bet the battery candles and your decor on the sill and shelf look wonderful.  Enjoy and happy holidays to you and yours.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma

Though we've only lived here 3-1/4 months, we do have a pass-through from the diningroom to the breakfast room.  Decided yesterday that I will claim at least 1/3 of that space to decorate for Christmas.  Yay!

Honored Contributor

I plan to decorate my kitchen as soon as I finish baking cookies for our Christkindl Market to be held this week.  So after Tuesday I'll get my kitchen decor out.  I have space above my cupboards so will change some things out there, and will place a wall hanging at one or two spots and will decorate the island with Christmas items.  Heart 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Occasional Contributor

You all have a lot of great kitchen decorating ideas! I think I might have to try some out. Usually I just opt for the red and green hand towels, but this year I want to take it up a notch. With more family in town, I suspect I'll be getting more help in the kitchen. With all the time we'll be spending in there, might as well decorate it and make it fun!

I like the battery-powered candles idea. Maybe a bit of tinsel around the windows, too Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I do since it's almost an extention of the living room. I even found some decorations for the bathroom!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have Santa place mats  and a kitchen witch in Christmas clothing hanging on a hook. [she is dressed in a red sweater and hat saying Merry Christmas.] red curtains with Holly flower and paper napkins and paper towels to match.

Honored Contributor

We knocked out the dining room wall above the chair rail a few years ago in a renovation so our kitchen opens up to our dining room. There is a reindeer centerpiece on the dining room table. We also have green lit garland on the horizontal banister that goes across the kitchen floor and separates the stairwell from the dining and kitchen area. That is the extent of our kitchen/dining decorating.