Respected Contributor

Re: Do you decorate the same every year or change it up?

It's so much fun to read about how everyone decorates! We all have our own style, from more minimal to full-on Christmas--and they are all beautiful, and make us happy!

Valued Contributor

Seven years ago we moved to a single story home.  When we walked through it the first time it was December and the owner had decorated so festively even in the guest bathtub that it looked wonderful.  We donated some decor before we moved and a bit more when we decorated for our first Christmas in this house.  We spend most of our time in the kitchen/family room but the tree is in the living room window and I miss seeing the lights.  This is what I did with our second hand hutch to have some lights and decorations close by.

IMG_4960.JPG

P1090855.JPG

Super Contributor

@Wobin   I love how your hutch turned out.  So festive and inviting.  

Honored Contributor

I've purchased things for specific rooms and places so there's no reason to change things up. I might move around a few smaller decorations, but basically, everything has a place, and I stick to that. I don't have a ton of stuff anyway. 

Trusted Contributor

I keep it the same now.  I used to switch it up every year, but now it's no big deal.  The holiday's are not the same.  I keep it very simple.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last year there was no traditional holiday red or green to be seen . Pastels and gingerbread  in the kitchen with a pink trees.  Ivory,  bronze, copper in other areas...woodland themes.  But this year I'm going back to rich reds, dark green, velvety-plums and florentine gold-Very Victorian. I'm easily bored.