Honored Contributor

Re: Do you decorate for Valentines Day?

No. I don't do every holiday. I decorate for fall and Christmas and that's it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I put a heart-shaped pillow on the bed, add a heart to the front door wreath and usually some little something elsewhere, like this: (I don't know why it's posting sideways).

AA3E1F5C-3BA0-4400-BE2C-92480DEAD70C.jpeg

Honored Contributor

No, I never have.

Trusted Contributor

I made two valentine bows to place on my lanterns right after Christmas. That's as far as I got. Hate to say, but I'm already tired of looking at them.

Esteemed Contributor

@CherryHugs  No. I still have a red tablecloth from Christmas, so I'm calling it Valentine's. When the kids were little, I decorated the kitchen before they woke up on Valentine's Day. There were streamers, balloons, lace doilies, a lace tablecloth, and champagne glasses for their orange juice at breakfast. They got heart-shaped pancakes with chocolate chips, if desired, and goodie bags filled with chocolates. They loved it! Now, my DD does it for her kids!

Trusted Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@CherryHugs  No. I still have a red tablecloth from Christmas, so I'm calling it Valentine's. When the kids were little, I decorated the kitchen before they woke up on Valentine's Day. There were streamers, balloons, lace doilies, a lace tablecloth, and champagne glasses for their orange juice at breakfast. They got heart-shaped pancakes with chocolate chips, if desired, and goodie bags filled with chocolates. They loved it! Now, my DD does it for her kids!

@PA Mom-mom  - what a sweet tradition (pun intended) you started for your kids!

Respected Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

I dont now.  Used to have a couple valentine things but have not done decorating for it in about 9 years.  I wait and do a little decorating for Easter Smiley Happy

Yes, I live alone and decorate for me.I have 3 of Valerie's glass hearts, that light up and a ginger bread girl holding a heart ,that came in a set. They are sitting on one of the long mirrors ,with a lighted candle holder, candle and a beautiful glazed candle ring with red berries, Makes me smile and happy each morning at breakfast. Will be ready for Easter soon, and will have to add the two end mirrors for all of it. Thank tou Valerie, you make my life very happy.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I love to decorate. Wreaths on both doors, Valerie's light up hearts,

some candles too. Looks real pretty. Also a heart pillow on the couch.

Also, a Valentine' Day heart mail box cover. Love these.

Esteemed Contributor

A few Heart Day items I have.

20200209_175452.jpg

Honored Contributor

I don't have much in the way of red accessories, outside of Christmas things, but last year I got the idea of using some handsome deep red lacquered twine balls have had lying around, as "bowl filler".

This year I have another idea.  Out of my small collection of five Royal Doulton "fair lady" bone china figurines, I have one with a red dress, and one with a pink one.  Can't take pictures of them myself, but will post online photos of these two. 

This one is called "Winsome":

shopping.jpg

And this one is "Ballad Seller"

shopping.jpg

So I'll group the two of those on a tray on my coffee table or dining table, with a tiny miniature Toby jug I have that is also pink. Can't find an exact replica of my vintage Toby jug online, but mine looks like this little colonial guy, except his coat is pink:

So they, because of the colors, will be my improvised tribute to Valentine's Day....