Honored Contributor

Re: Do you consider storage when buying seasonal items?

WELL - I just got back from Sam's Club. Everything I said before - out the window. As soon as I walked in the store. A Christmas display with 3 snowmen caught my eye. It was so stricking. The snowmen had crystals all around and so the lights inside just sparkled. I am so tempted to buy it. I will find a spot for them.

Respected Contributor

@Snoopp  Thank you! You will love the ease of the smaller tree. Wish I had done this years ago. 

Trusted Contributor

I have kind of lost interest in decorating for Xmas - just a lot of extra work putting it up and then taking it all down and packing away again.  Like several of you, storage is in the attic - pain in the neck.

I think of storage while watching the kitchen/cooking and home decorating all year around and constantly wonder where everybody keeps all these things?

Respected Contributor

That tree is beautiful ......In comparison I think mine needs a little work !!!

Respected Contributor

Thank you regal bee ....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Big Joanie  I will bet your tree was/is beautiful. Anytime you decorate a tree with love....it is beautiful!

Honored Contributor

Apparently, I didn't consider storage in time because every nook and cranny is full of some type of decor.  I have been trying to donate and give to family members but it's slow go to downsize decor when you still like a lot of it and keep hesitating.  But, I just have to pick and choose because it's too difficult to drag it all out to decide what to use each season. I think this year I won't put it all back into the storage room.  I've only purchased a few holiday specific items so far so I'm getting better.  LOL

Thank you for this thread, @Regal Bee, it's made me start thinking about passing on the items that tempt me.

Honored Contributor

@Big Joanie,  I love your tabletop tree.  It's very elegant and that's my style.  May I ask where you found your buffet lamps?  I love those shades.

Respected Contributor

@lucymo That is my tree and I purchased the lamps at Home Goods a number of years ago. Thank you. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

@lucymo That is my tree and I purchased the lamps at Home Goods a number of years ago. Thank you. Smiley Very Happy

@Regal Bee  Oh, I read the post wrong, so sorry.  But I do love the tree and the lamps.  Thanks for the information.  We don't have a Home Goods close enough to shop at.  The lamps look so pretty in your home.