Respected Contributor

Re: Do you consider storage when buying seasonal items?

@Big Joanie I'm with you on the table top tree. We put one in our family room last year (pictured below) and I cannot believe how much easier it was. 

Tabletop tree.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

Almost the first thing I think about when looking at Fall and Christmas items is storage. Is this a major consideration with you?

@Regal Bee  I never used to, but now it is mandatory.  I am constantly rearranging and organizing to make room for more.

Honored Contributor

Yes, storage is a problem, also I don't have as much display areas that wouldn't "take over" our ease of living, in our home. So I have to be pretty sure I really "have to have" something before I bring more in.
"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Should I?  Yes!  Do I, not always.  I have a larger storage area than I have places to display things.  I also like various themes and creating new vignettes each year.  My biggest problem is getting rid of things when I bring new in.  I am working on it. 

Respected Contributor

I absolutely consider storage, especially for breakable or heat sensitive items that require special care.  I've bypassed several glass things that I like because I don't want to find a place to store them safely.

Trusted Contributor

Yes I do consider storage!  I love Christmas and Christmas decor but I don't buy anything new anymore other than candles!  I see so many beautiful items I would love to have but I have to pass!!  Woman Wink

Super Contributor

Yes! I just had a second yard sale this past weekend trying to get rid of extra stuff. The rest went to Goodwill and now I am being extra diligent about what comes in my home.

Esteemed Contributor

@Regal Bee that's a beautiful table top tree.  I want to get one this year.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most definitely. I like to buy new ornaments each year. All the ones that came in any type of box or packaging are still in those so they take up more room. I also have handmade ornaments that I wrap each one up so they don't get damaged.

I told DH we needed to stop with the gift giving because everyone keeps buying us "STUFF" which we don't need, don't want & don't have space for. LOL!!!  Not buying gifts this year so we will see how it goes. I know we will hear a lot of whining especially from the ones that don't gift.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes...i have been def tempted by the seasonal items this year but have only ordered a couple because our garage (only storage space)...is getting too crowded.....and i def

like things uncluttered........