Valued Contributor

Do you color eggs for Easter?

Eveyyear i get out all my egg coloring stuff, A basket will go to my  inlaws ,A basket to an elderly neighbor  i see on my walks with my dog.She always tells  me  if she doesnt see us,are you ok sweetheart, is your little teddy bear well, always concered.Strange , this year my  husband came home with  a bag full of new coloring things  sparkle dye ,sponge dyed egg kits!He said ,  see you  have all the fun, i want in!Yay !He also told my pets, mommy should make us all pizza and a big salad ,  we will make it a family day!.It was absolutely  adorable, so next  weekend we will  have our egg decorating family day!Do you do anything with the kids, grandkids,or just you  to make colored eggs?Maybe start doing it again to spark nice memories of springs past? Sounds like fun to hear...Maryanne 

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you color eggs for Easter?

We still enjoy coloring and decorating Easter eggs, also,

Image result for happy easter animated images

Honored Contributor

My grandkids come over to my house to color eggs and make a mess.  They are not allowed to be messy at their house.

We have fun and they take the eggs home with them along with their multicolored fingers.

Honored Contributor

Young at heart, I love that!!

Honored Contributor

@Keeper of the koi wrote:

Eveyyear i get out all my egg coloring stuff, A basket will go to my  inlaws ,A basket to an elderly neighbor  i see on my walks with my dog.She always tells  me  if she doesnt see us,are you ok sweetheart, is your little teddy bear well, always concered.Strange , this year my  husband came home with  a bag full of new coloring things  sparkle dye ,sponge dyed egg kits!He said ,  see you  have all the fun, i want in!Yay !He also told my pets, mommy should make us all pizza and a big salad ,  we will make it a family day!.It was absolutely  adorable, so next  weekend we will  have our egg decorating family day!Do you do anything with the kids, grandkids,or just you  to make colored eggs?Maybe start doing it again to spark nice memories of springs past? Sounds like fun to hear...Maryanne 

@Keeper of the koi  No, not since DD left.  It was so much fun hiding the eggs, then finding some throughout the year that weren't found in the garden on Easter morning.  DH loves eggs, so he ate the five dozen eggs, lol.

Honored Contributor

No, that stopped once my girls were teenagers.   My teacher daughter helps her special ed students color eggs for Easter.   

Honored Contributor

Not any more. 

ONe of the neatest things I discovered through the years of coloring eggs is that using food coloring works better than those 'kits' they sell, and if you want really muted and rich colors, use brown eggs. The finished product is just beautiful!

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio Good tip on using brown eggs.  I may have to try that.

Valued Contributor

@RedTop, you must be very proud , a teacher influences our lives forever. ..You did a good  job....Maryanne 

Honored Contributor

No, because my "kids" are 31 and 32 now.  But they both became new mommies this winter so in a few years, I might get back to coloring eggs.  I do make up a huge Easter basket every year.  I put it out about a week before Easter and everyone who comes takes candy or cookies from that basket.