Valued Contributor

Re: Do you color eggs for Easter?

[ Edited ]

I must  confess i aways paint on doggie  toe pints for the  neighbor lady, we tell her riley made hers! she says he makes beautiful eggs, God bess doggies and the elderly they  seem to bond instantly..Maryanne 

Honored Contributor

Being raised in a very Polish Catholic family, Easter was a big deal . As a kid and even up until the time I left home at 23, we colored eggs and took them to church to have them blessed. I kept the tradition up with our son until he was 11 or so, he just wasn't interested in it any more and frankly neither was I. I still enjoy seeing the eggs other people color though.

Valued Contributor

I do it every year with my grandsons. It  should be fun with a 4,2 and a 10 mo old this year. I don't know who has more fun, them or me. LOL. I might have to try something with sparkles and really bright colors. 

Esteemed Contributor

When our daughter was growing up we always did, we even did the Easter Egg hunt, now it is just the DH and I and he works nearly every holiday, so it being just me, I tend to not follow the traditional holiday rituals any longer.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@blackhole99 wrote:

Being raised in a very Polish Catholic family, Easter was a big deal . As a kid and even up until the time I left home at 23, we colored eggs and took them to church to have them blessed. I kept the tradition up with our son until he was 11 or so, he just wasn't interested in it any more and frankly neither was I. I still enjoy seeing the eggs other people color though.

I too was raised on Easter basket blessing. Its such a wonderful tradition and makes Easter all the more special. I haven't done it in years and really missed it because it just reminded me of happier times from the past when my grandmother and mom were still alive.

Last year I sought out churches that do it because not that many do it anymore especially if the congregation doesn't have any polish people in it. Well last year for the first time in over twenty years my husband and I went. It was wonderful and I'm so glad I decided to go. My husband wasn't raised on any of this so it was a new experience for him. He was so touched by the ceremony and what the priest said that he asked if we can do it this year and I said yes! This is a tradtion I now know I need to keep up.

As for egg coloring that's a huge part of Easter and an important element of basket blessing but I don't eat the eggs I just color them. I'm not a big fan of eggs I just like to color and look at them. 

Honored Contributor

Just a FYI:  I was in Publix today, and they had boiled and dyed Easter eggs in the 12 count cartons!

Esteemed Contributor

@De Anna this makes it easy for the young ones....

wisk.jpg

Respected Contributor

I don't color Easter Eggs anymore. Since it is just DH and I the Easter Bunny visits our house each year and we each get a basket full of goodies. DH usually eats his goodies up first then takes (sneaks) from my basket. 

Regular Contributor

@Shorty2U

Here's the Easter Egg thread.

Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@De Anna this makes it easy for the young ones....

wisk.jpg

@Nataliesgramma

Good for adults as well!

Smiley Happy