Trusted Contributor

Re: Do what makes you happy!

Do not be intimidated by people making negative comments about your style of decorating!    I once had a friend who did that to me about everything.   I tried to cope with it for a few years but then I had to say "bye bye" to that so called friend!   Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!! Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Terrific advice!   The older I get, the more I adhere to this.  I don't care about the old, pointless "rules" that I once lived by.  I do what's right for me and my family and what makes me happy.  

Respected Contributor

Update on my situation: I'm putting up my prelit faux (since "faux" seems to be the correct term now Woman Very Happy ) tree today. I've decided that, since I don't know who all the naysayers are, I should do what I like. I'll wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate but can't wait to walk into the room tomorrow morning and see it lit up! There's something I find very magickal about walking into a dark room on my way to the coffee maker and having it all lit up with Christmas lights! Let the season begin!

Honored Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

Update on my situation: I'm putting up my prelit faux (since "faux" seems to be the correct term now Woman Very Happy ) tree today. I've decided that, since I don't know who all the naysayers are, I should do what I like. I'll wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate but can't wait to walk into the room tomorrow morning and see it lit up! There's something I find very magickal about walking into a dark room on my way to the coffee maker and having it all lit up with Christmas lights! Let the season begin!

@Carolina925 

Wow, you are an inspiration.

I'll be thinking of your magical surroundings next time I have coffee. ❤️💚

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.