Respected Contributor

Do You Remove The Batteries Before....

packing away your holiday decorations?  I have 2 sets of VPH trees (one white/one green set) and am going to leave them up as I think they look like winter time decor not just for holiday.  But when I do pack them up should I remove batteries or is it okay to just leave them in until next winter??

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Remove The Batteries Before....

Remove the batteries before packing the decorations. 

Esteemed Contributor

Always remove batteries from anything being packed into storage.
Honored Contributor

Remove the batteries before packing them away, as the batteries could corrode and make the items unable to be lit up.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I've always read on all the items instructions to remove batteries before putting it away for the season.

When batteries are left in something for a year, they can rust or leak. I've had that happen and its a mess. 

It might not happen but its best to be safe.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Regular Contributor

I remove the batteries from all my decorations that are stored away.  In the past, I had batteries erode in the battery holder and it was difficult to clean it out.

Respected Contributor

I always remove the batteries. I store my Christmas decorations in the basement and don’t want them to possibly rust from any dampness in the summer. 

Respected Contributor

@Snicks1, absolutely!!  I had to learn the hard way.  

Honored Contributor

i have learned the hard way.

yes, i do remove batteries from holiday items before i pack them away.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Thanks Ladies....this is the 1st yr I have some of these items going on a timer....kinda hoping the batteries will burn out by the time I pack them away and I can just start fresh next season!

I love those glittery wax trees so much....and they are working so well each night.  Maybe the batteries will last until late Feb or March?  Would work out perfectly.