Honored Contributor

Disappointed with my first Current wrapping paper purchase

Every year, I have looked online (or back in the day, at the catalog that came in the mail) at the Current wrapping papers. Most years, I would find at least several (sometimes more!!) that I thought were just beautiful. I never took the plunge, because of shipping and the fact I had access to lots of places that sold nice and pretty papers.

Well this year, they had some nice deals on shopping totes that I couldn't resist (going to use them as gift bags for gifts this year), so I thought I'd try an offer for three of their 'Jumbo Rolls' grouped for one price. 

Gotta say, I was less than impressed with the paper when it arrived. Very beautiful art/patterns/color. But the thickness in simply not what I expected based on others raving about the brand in the past. I get better at Sam's Club (always have Hallmark in true jumbo rolls), very thick and two sided coordinating patterns. And I've even found better at Ollies, or the Dollar Tree, and TJ Maxx in years past, and for less money. 

And boy howdy, what they call jumbo, well its a joke. They are short rolls and not a ton on them. I didn't look closely at the measurements for each roll, so definitely my bad for not reading closer and paying attention to exact size.

The gift bags were super nice and as I expected them to be, so there is a positive there!. 

But I know I won't ever buy their paper again. Much better stuff locally. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Disappointed with my first Current wrapping paper purchase

Sams Club is great for beautiful, good quality holiday wrapping paper.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess I ought to be glade that I have  many rolls  of wrapping paper that I bought from my siblings children and grandchildren fund raisers  from yrs ago.

The quality or size of many items from many companies is not as it used to be .

Skimpy and cheap is the new normal

Honored Contributor

I'd be interested in seeing a picture of what you bought.

I have ordered paper only for years and have never had an issue.

I will say I try to stay away from jumbo rolls.  My family doesn't want the same paper for years.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio   That’s so disappointing!!!  I bought several rolls from them 2-3 years ago, and it was thick and beautiful.  They were not part of a bundle. Guess everything is starting to get cheapened!   I have soooooo many gift bags, and our family gift giving has been cut back, so I still have some of the prior rolls left.

I recently got several of their plastic totes.  Thought they were good quality. We are supposed to be banning plastic bags in 2023, so I got several at BOGO prices.  Their cards are pretty, but not the heavy card stock that they used to be.  

We ordered from them in the 60s as school Fundraisers! 

Respected Contributor

I had no idea that this compnay was still in business. It has been over 30 years since i ordered from them.

Honored Contributor

Good luck with Hallmark.  I just looked and the prints seriously lacked.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I'd be interested in seeing a picture of what you bought.

I have ordered paper only for years and have never had an issue.

I will say I try to stay away from jumbo rolls.  My family doesn't want the same paper for years.

Wow...they complain about the wrapping paper repeating? Seriously? I cannot even imagine.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio 

May we please see what you didn't like????

Honored Contributor

A lot of people are more interested in the patterns on wrapping paper. The thickness doesn't matter all that much when wrapping basic clothes (sweater) or toys (Legos).