Honored Contributor

Re: Disappointed with my first Current wrapping paper purchase

@ECBG wrote:

I had never heard of Santa's gifts being wrapped until our DIL said she wrapped hers!  

In the "Night Before Christmas", nothing is wrapped!

@ECBG   My parents never wrapped my sister's and my gifts from Santa.  Most of our friends had wrapped Santa gifts, but my mother didn't do it.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Good luck with Hallmark.  I just looked and the prints seriously lacked.

Sam's Club has really true jumbo rolls of Hallmark paper every year. It's super quality. They are mostly a two sided paper, that coordinates so you can have two different papers, but coordinating in one roll. The rolls are so big, they last for years, and I do a lot of wrapping. 

But I have noticed the last few years, that I only see maybe one choice that really suits my taste. So, yeah, the prints were lacking for my tastes anyway. I did find one I liked this year and did buy it.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

The only rolled wrapping paper I've bought from Current is the one named Snowy Trees, that specifically says heavyweight paper, which are key words for their wrapping paper.   

I have multiple packages of their flat wrap paper, which is what I make my girls use when they wrap gifts.   

When my girls were younger and Santa left wrapped gifts, there were 2 different rolls of paper used, and any leftover paper from those rolls was hidden.

@RedTop 

I hear you!!!!

One year, when my son was little, I made the huge mistake of leaving Santa's roll of paper lying around with the others and he saw it after Christmas. I had some coverup to manufacture! LOL

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Amazon.com: CURRENT Evergreen Christmas Jumbo Rolled Gift Wrap (1 Giant  Roll, 61 sq. ft.) Heavyweight, Tear-Resistant, Holiday Wrapping Paper :  Everything Else

Amazon.com: CURRENT Tree Cardinal Christmas Jumbo Rolled Gift Wrap (1 Giant  Roll, 61 sq. ft.) Heavyweight, Tear-Resistant, Holiday Wrapping Paper :  Everything Else

This is two of the three patterns that was in the set for about $21. Love the art, and the quality wasn't bad, but I expected the grids on the back like Hallmark often does for cutting, and the rolls were really short. They are like only 23 inches long! They advertise them as each roll being able to wrap 19 shirt boxes. Definitely will do that, but we wrap much bigger gifts and this won't handle bigger boxes very well. Not a whole lot on each roll, and super short rolls, so not what I expected for calling them JUMBO.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I had never heard of Santa's gifts being wrapped until our DIL said she wrapped hers!  

@ECBG   My parents never wrapped my sister's and my gifts from Santa.  Most of our friends had wrapped Santa gifts, but my mother didn't do it.  

@NickNack 

@ECBG 

Our toys & presents from Santa were never wrapped either. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@ECBG 

Amazon.com: CURRENT Evergreen Christmas Jumbo Rolled Gift Wrap (1 Giant  Roll, 61 sq. ft.) Heavyweight, Tear-Resistant, Holiday Wrapping Paper :  Everything Else

Amazon.com: CURRENT Tree Cardinal Christmas Jumbo Rolled Gift Wrap (1 Giant  Roll, 61 sq. ft.) Heavyweight, Tear-Resistant, Holiday Wrapping Paper :  Everything Else

This is two of the three patterns that was in the set for about $21. Love the art, and the quality wasn't bad, but I expected the grids on the back like Hallmark often does for cutting, and the rolls were really short. They are like only 23 inches long! They advertise them as each roll being able to wrap 19 shirt boxes. Definitely will do that, but we wrap much bigger gifts and this won't handle bigger boxes very well. Not a whole lot on each roll, and super short rolls, so not what I expected for calling them JUMBO.

@Mominohio 

I have both of those papers and love them!  

"Jumbo" refers to the thickness compared to a "standard" roll which wraps 4 shirt boxes.

What you needed is an "extra long" roll for much larger gifts.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@NickNack 

I wonder if wrapped Santa presents is regional?

DIL grew ip in California, she wraps.

I grew up in NC, on the other side of the country, never saw a wrapped Santa present.

May I ask which state you grew up in?

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@NickNack 

I wonder if wrapped Santa presents is regional?

DIL grew ip in California, she wraps.

I grew up in NC, on the other side of the country, never saw a wrapped Santa present.

May I ask which state you grew up in?

@ECBG  I grew up in Tennessee (still live here only in different city).  Our Santa presents were never wrapped, but many of my friends' presents were.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Maybe wrapping isn't regional.

Wrapping may be for children that sneak down hallways!!!Smiley Happy

Or maybe some parents naturally awoke early and couldn't handle staying up to sit everything out.

I remember many Christmas mornings that my head was killing me because I didn't get enough sleep Christmas Eve.

Esteemed Contributor

One of my dearest friends and I who lives in the same state , but several hours away always pride ourselves at Christmas to exchange our gifts ,and use wonderful beautifully wrapped presents for each other . we also have a theme every year . She sent my gifts this year in the current paper with the barns and horsespaper. It nseems like great quality to me . Now I've wrapped hers in some of my favorite older Hallmsrk paper that is thick and has the grid on the back which makes it easier to cut I feel. I managed a Hallmark store years ago and I have many rolls of Christmas , wedding , bday papers etc. still . I don't find the newer paper is the same quality. Just to add HomeGoods has some good quality Chridtmss paper . Bought some last year when our theme was 12 days of Christmsas, it was perfect to wrap the 12 days gifts in !!!