Esteemed Contributor

Disappointed in Valerie’s garland

I was on wait list for a small eternity for a 4' garland. Finally I received it yesterday, and the quality is lacking. I wanted to hang it across my mantle, and your only has one hook, and unfinished on the other side. Very strange. The quality is just not there, but the price was very high. Another return. I guess I'll just go to Hobby lobby for my Christmas needs this year.

Respected Contributor

Re: Disappointed in Valerie’s garland

I too have been disappointed in quality of VPH items. I've ordered a few things in the past but no more.  One of her glittery lanterns quit working (plus it ate batteries like crazy)  and some fairy lights also quit working after a short time. Quality not there especially for how pricy her stuff is.

Esteemed Contributor

Check out Etsy before heading to HL.

I custom ordered a 9' battery lit mantle garland from someone local. She sent me pics of various ribbons and "fluff" to add.

She offered plug string or battery. I chose battery with 9 functions and 6 hr timer. Beautiful hat box for storage but I keep it up year round.

I got tired of Big Box schlock sold by clerks who don't care.

Trusted Contributor

I just take my chances with fairy lights from WM. The few I have bought in the past were fine. If they stop working, I am not out much money and especially no shipping to deal with. 

Esteemed Contributor

I order Fairy lights from Amazon and they work better than the ones she uses....

Plus they have remotes with them....