Honored Contributor

Re: Disappointed in Valerie's Holiday Items

Well tons of her stuff sold out with Rick last night. Some of us are staying home and wouldn't go to a Home Goods even if we had one nearby. I liked the CIJ prices.

Esteemed Contributor

How I wish QVC would bring in some vendors with more unusual decorative items for the holidays.  I have gotten a few items from a Scandinavian shop in the southern part of my state.  I have a Christmas shop nearby where they offer beautiful Italian ceramic figures and unusual mangers.  I would personally love to see more Early American designs, typical of the Williamsburg era. 

And there are so many beautiful items produced in many other countries across the world that are unusual.  Just me, I guess.

Valued Contributor

I loved her items but with the shipping added on to them I just found them to high for me  BUT  her taste is so me

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Well tons of her stuff sold out with Rick last night. Some of us are staying home and wouldn't go to a Home Goods even if we had one nearby. I liked the CIJ prices.

@AuntG   I so agree with this. I have been in six different HomeGoods stores in the last two months and not a single one of them was well stocked. I have decided to stop wasting my time. 

I really appreciate Valerie's shows and will purchase most of my gifts from her this year as I do not enjoy going out wearing a mask.....just not any fun even though it is necessary. 

Her show with Rick had tons of sell outs.

Esteemed Contributor

I had the same thought as the OP...nothing grabbed my attention enough to buy!!  So many of the items seemed like re-dos of past items and there was so much shine, gloss, sparkle!!  I felt a bit 'camera flash smacked' !!  

I enjoy Valerie's shows because of her designer

knowledge, but my taste is not really her taste!!  I like traditional colors (red, green, white), lots of wood and minimum glitz!!  I still decorate - around my home and at holiday time - with many of her products bought years ago from her first shows. I think they were called "Heartfelt Home".  More hand made looking items in traditional colors...no pink, aqua, violet...

I have to say...I do enjoy her shows with Rick!!  Though he can get carried away, he has a good, dry sense of humor!!  Loved the comment about Mrs Clause getting away from Santa on the motor bike!!

Honored Contributor

Disappointed so far, too.  Purchased Valerie's sleigh and reindeer from last year.  The sleigh and reindeer were dented.  Decorative bolts to put the two together were missing.  Seems like I just can't win.  

Maybe, Martha Stewart will have something more exciting this Friday at 1 pm. 

Trusted Contributor

I loved every minute of Valerie Parr Hill yesterday.  I love her shows and she can tame even the most annoying of hosts.  She is lovely and I love her things I bought several items, would have liked to have purchased more but didn't.

Quite frankly other than the food shows, I was thrilled with the programming all weekend long.

Valued Contributor

@VaBelle35-- Me too!  I was shocked that they sold out.  I think last year's version was way better.  This year's white version looked smaller, and I didn't like the painted scenes on the back behind the characters.  I almost got the red truck, but it just looked cheap to me.  I have a feeling the reviews aren't gonna be very good.   But then again, I could be wrong.  They did look pretty on tv surrounded by the other decor.

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Love to watch Valerie, who is an experienced decorator. Enjoy her items too. I should have gotten the TSV in the Cardinal, but waited too long. It was the first one to go! Hoping someone returns it because it wasn't quite what they thought it would be, and then I can still purchase it.

Edited to add: OMG! I just went in to see if someone canceled their order of the Cardinal, and there it was! YAAAAY! Got it!

@World Traveler  I've been stalking that cardinal ever since my DD said she would like it. Glad you got one, now root for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@HLP 

Your post made me happy.

I hope your goodies are all you want them to be!

I'd sure like to have a magic day some time soon, but don't need any more Christmas items.

Enjoy!