Contributor

Re: Disappointed in Valerie's Holiday Items

I noticed that the red truck and the carolers from last year are available again, along with the gingerbread house.  Maybe the church will come back again too!

Trusted Contributor

I also used to go crazy over Valerie's items in the past, but not so much now.  She still has nice things, but they are items I have found elsewhere for less money and with no shipping fees.

That being said, I do buy from time to time and have pretty much been happy with what I have received.  I still enjoy watching all of her shows and I look forward to seeing her presentations when she is on.

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

How I wish QVC would bring in some vendors with more unusual decorative items for the holidays.  I have gotten a few items from a Scandinavian shop in the southern part of my state.  I have a Christmas shop nearby where they offer beautiful Italian ceramic figures and unusual mangers.  I would personally love to see more Early American designs, typical of the Williamsburg era. 

And there are so many beautiful items produced in many other countries across the world that are unusual.  Just me, I guess.

Yes! I would love the more traditional, Colonial Williamsburg decor.  The latest Valerie shows consisted more of chotchkies and lanterns. Many of the picks and other items I purchased last year were full of glitter that fell everywhere!

You're my neighbor - I live in CT as well.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Beauty Maven wrote:

@Regal Bee-- I have had the same experience with Home Goods here in So Florida.  Their inventory is non-existent.  I've been to three area stores, several visits each and they have absolutely nothing.  The shelves are empty.  Something must be happening with the supply chain.  

@Beauty Maven

@homedecor1    I have found the same experience with TJ Maxx and Marshalls but especially HomeGoods. Nothing. Not worth even going into and I live in a big city. I have decided to stop going for the time being.....just isn't worth my time. 

Trusted Contributor

I enjoyed the shows this year. When I saw the first late night show I was very pleased with the Q set. It was beautiful with all the white and red and then the lit trees as a backdrop. Magical.

Everyone has different tastes. Part of whether or not I like what is offered can depend what is going on in my personal life. What mood I am in. This year I was so looking forward to the CIJ weekend and decided to forget about everything else. Just enjoy. And I did.

As far as Home Goods, the store was packed when it first opened near me. People were buying like crazy. A week later there were bare shelves. It took a couple weeks, but things are starting to come in. It is completely understandable considering the supply chain and probably cancelled orders. I am wondering if they will have the quantity and variety of things they usually have for the upcoming holidays. For this reason I bought things on Q that I may not have if times were different. I figured if I liked it, to just go ahead and get it. No guarantee I will find something that I like better later, so I had fun ordering.

For those that were disappointed, I really hope in the upcoming shows that something catches your eye that delights you.
Regular Contributor

I wanted those glass mercury birds but by the time I ordered the nest to go ordered them they had sold out - she told me on her FB page they may get some more in - if not the nests I bought will have to go back.

The way I figured it is she hasn't brought out her best yet. I usually keep the phone in hand to order just so I won't have to go to another room to order from the computer.

If her best is already out then she was slack this year! Smiley Indifferent

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.
Frequent Contributor

ME TOO.  I HAVE NOT BOUGHT ANY OF HER ITEMS THIS SEASON.  I HAVE SEEN AN ITEM THAT I BOUGHT A FEW YEARS AGO AT LOWE'S.  IT WAS A WOODEN DOOR HANGER SHAPED LIKE A WATERING CAN.  I THINK SHE COPIES ITEMS FROM OTHER CATALOGS AND STORE'S!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

Love to watch Valerie, who is an experienced decorator. Enjoy her items too. I should have gotten the TSV in the Cardinal, but waited too long. It was the first one to go! Hoping someone returns it because it wasn't quite what they thought it would be, and then I can still purchase it.

Edited to add: OMG! I just went in to see if someone canceled their order of the Cardinal, and there it was! YAAAAY! Got it!

@World Traveler  I've been stalking that cardinal ever since my DD said she would like it. Glad you got one, now root for me.

@World Traveler 

I got one!!!

Trusted Contributor

I have enjoyed watching VPH's shows but I am really disappointed that one of two items I bought arrived broken, so I had to return it, not to mention that it was sold out, so no replacement.  

Trusted Contributor

@Shogirl How disappointing! I hope they reappear later in the season so you can try again.