Esteemed Contributor

Disappointed in Valerie's Holiday Items

I was very disappointed in Valerie Parr Hill's holiday items on the Christmas In July shows. There was nothing really remarkable that I felt was worth buying, nothing unique. I was so looking forward to picking up a few holiday decorations. I could buy the same items at Home Goods. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Disappointed in Valerie's Holiday Items

I do agree.  And like prices everywhere, the costs of some items have gotten much higher.  At least to me.  And when costs are mentioned during shows, of course you have to figure in the price of shipping.  I bought two items, gifts for my grandchildren.  I like to give them something in November to celebrate the upcoming season.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love to watch Valerie, who is an experienced decorator. Enjoy her items too. I should have gotten the TSV in the Cardinal, but waited too long. It was the first one to go! Hoping someone returns it because it wasn't quite what they thought it would be, and then I can still purchase it.

Edited to add: OMG! I just went in to see if someone canceled their order of the Cardinal, and there it was! YAAAAY! Got it!

Respected Contributor

The few times I passed by the Q The items I saw looked cheap and like they came from a DOLLAR store.

Trusted Contributor

Things have changed through the years.  VPH used to present new and different items that would be difficult to find elsewhere.  I think the demands on the vendors became too complex which has resulted in less of a variety of goods being offered.  I have a friend of a friend who brought a novel product to QVC back in the 1990's and made a bundle from seling it.  However, the vendor requirements were steep (ex.- needing a huge inventory ready to go at any time and being stuck with inventory that didn't sell) and that person eventually decided not to do business with QVC anymore since it was becoming too costly.  It's sad because the QVC of old had way more unique and interesting items available.  I guess they've cut inventory to meet their bottom line.

Respected Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I was very disappointed in Valerie Parr Hill's holiday items on the Christmas In July shows. There was nothing really remarkable that I felt was worth buying, nothing unique. I was so looking forward to picking up a few holiday decorations. I could buy the same items at Home Goods. 

And I loved every minute of it. Did some Xmas shopping ,did some shopping for myself. Found the 2 days just delightful. Not everyone can go out to stores and for us, it was a magic day. Can't wait till packages start arriving. Valerie never ever disappoints me. I adore her.

Respected Contributor

@Jaspersmom 

I'll bet that's why a lot of vendors no longer sell on QVC. The requirements no longer make it profitable. Small companies can't absorb the loses. 

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler So glad you got the one you wanted!  You should buy a lottery ticket today Smiley Surprised)

Honored Contributor

@Beauty Maven  Maybe I will! Smiley LOL

That has not happened to me in a long time......something selling out and I go back in the next day and it is there. Love it when people change their minds and cancel their order! Usually I have to wait until they return it for one reason or another.

Honored Contributor

Just checked again and it is gone! There must have only been one and I got it. And yes, I checked my order status and it is still sitting there. Big sigh of relief!