Esteemed Contributor

Disappointed in Valerie's Gingerbread people this year

[ Edited ]

I ordered H216220 just looking at the pictures on the Order page and not the video. They are a totally differnt color than others I bought from her. These are a dirty looking brown and not the pretty Gingerbread color. If you look at the video you will see what I mean. That is probably why they had the lights dimmed. It wouldn't match the Gingerbread house at all.

They are heavy, so the cost to send them back wouldn't be worth it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Disappointed in Valerie's Gingerbread people this year

@Nataliesgramma  Did you receive them already or is the order en route?

If there's one thing I've learned over the years with the Q, it's that I can't trust the product photos either, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama  I just got them today.

They are a cute design and were well packed...but the color is awful..

Honored Contributor

Hmmm, I'm sorry that the new gingerbread people look like they were left in the oven too long @Nataliesgramma .  If you use the Q return label, I know you will be out some money but at least you won't be out all of your money.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Could you re-paint them yourself?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma 

I would definitely call CS last year I ordered a few VPH pieces -- some were perfect some were dark & poorly done -- even glitter haphazardly applied.

Use the prepaid slip and CS should mark "waive" return fees.  But, you may have to follow up to make sure you're not charged.

VPH things lately are "hit or miss"☹️.

Trusted Contributor

They are cute as heck, and have really good reviews.  Maybe you just got a bad batch.

You could try for a free exchange.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma,  I'm going to order the brand new set H219166 if we ever get free shipping.  Their photo looks a bit lighter than your set to me.  But those online pics certainly can't be relied upon, as we all have learned through the years.  

As for the set you received, if they are a different color than described or than shown, I would try returning them as defective and listing the reason why,  and see what happens.  

One thing I don't understand is why Valerie's set last visit looked SO DARK when I watched the recorded versions of all of her shows.   It is very frustrating.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma   A year or so ago, I ordered Valerie's winter burlap birds, which showed white to light off white, but when they arrived, they were a dark brown, ugly, so I returned them stating they were not the color advertised, and don't think I paid return postage.