Esteemed Contributor

Did the steeple on Valerie's church look crooked to you?

I watched Valerie's Facebook preview yesterday because I like her gingerbread items...

The steeple on the white chocolate church looked crooked to me. I rewound it several times to make sure....The classic church looked fine.

I am afraid to order it now because some reviews here and on Valerie's Facebook fan page have complained about some of the other gingerbread houses arriving with the same problem...

Trusted Contributor

Re: Did the steeple on Valerie's church look crooked to you?

@Nataliesgramma - I have noticed a lot of things are crooked on Valerie's items, like the gingerbread houses and things inside of the glittered lanterns.  I am a stickler for level, so I couldn't tolerate these things.  I have sent things back in the past for this reason.  Quality control needs to be stepped up because it seems the frequency of this happening has increased.  Returns are such a hassle that they are betting on people not returning these defective items.

Esteemed Contributor

Here is a picture from her Preview that was just the pictures and not the live video...

it looks crooked here too...

church.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

@Nataliesgramma - I have noticed a lot of things are crooked on Valerie's items, like the gingerbread houses and things inside of the glittered lanterns.  I am a stickler for level, so I couldn't tolerate these things.  I have sent things back in the past for this reason.  Quality control needs to be stepped up because it seems the frequency of this happening has increased.  Returns are such a hassle that they are betting on people not returning these defective items.

@DecorDivaI can let small imperfections go...but something like this would be a deal breaker for me. I agree about people not returning.....I think it is because the item has sold out and they really want it too...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Here is a picture from her Preview that was just the pictures and not the live video...

it looks crooked here too...

church.jpg

@Nataliesgramma 

Yep, the steeple sure is crooked.....whats up with that....just like the lantern where there was mention of something goinging on with the church in that item too.....

Maybe this should be Valerie's theme song---

There was a crooked man
And he walked a crooked mile
He found crooked sixpence
And a crooked stile
He bought a crooked cat
Which caught a crooked mouse
And they all lived together
In a crooked little house
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Didn't Dan say such imperfections make Valerie's items more charming or endearing?  Well, not for me!

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Didn't Dan say such imperfections make Valerie's items more charming or endearing?  Well, not for me!

Not  for 61.00 either...

Trusted Contributor

@Nataliesgramma Well Dan, crooked steeplesl, and her badly painted figurines are not endearing to me.  At her prices I want perfect.

Respected Contributor

I bought a red metal church she presented a few years ago and it came with the steeple crooked.  I didn't bother to send it back but it catches my eye everytime I look at it.  Others gave it reviews saying the same thing; crooked steeple!  

Trusted Contributor

@Nataliesgramma   It's definitely crooked looking at that picture. It's so obvious, how did that ever pass quality control (if there even is any anymore).