Honored Contributor

Re: Did Q mimic Lisa's new house, past banister's to stage TSV...

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

There's only a few ways to decorate a banister and they've been used for decades by millions of people.

I'm confused by the suggestion that this decorating style is to mimic LR's, she doesn't have a patent on decorating a banister.

And for as long as people have been decorating banisters, LR is actually mimicking a lot of other people.

I couldn't agree more @KingstonsMom .. you'd think our resident LR historian would come on board and give us the actual scoop on this subject.

LR copies and mocks from things she pulls bits and pieces from.. does she have an acutal degree in interior design fashionista travel agent or what? 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@hopi Seriously?  I doubt LR has any influence anywhere but to her "tribe" if that's who your reference is to. She's long gone, thankfully and Gibbs is only a TV character LOL.

I don't belong to any "tribe" but I do miss Lisa and Valerie together for the Christmas Shows.  Together they were were very creative.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

When Lisa was at the Q professional decorators decorated her home for her Holiday shows.  The difference was very apparent when she left QVC and had to decorate on her own.

Occasional Contributor

Are you serious or just being facetious?  Lisa would not know how to decorate a chicken house.

Honored Contributor

@JasperDawg wrote:

When Lisa was at the Q professional decorators decorated her home for her Holiday shows.  The difference was very apparent when she left QVC and had to decorate on her own.

@JasperDawg 

You're right, I remember hearing her say that more than once!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

No ....LOL    Millions upon millions of people have bannisters in their homes and they decorate them for Christmas.   LR claimed the Christmas thing but she never actually did anything unique.  The bows and greenery and poinsettas....that's how people decorate. I don't think anyone at QVC even thinks about LR now, she's been gone for eons.  

Honored Contributor

I just have to say that this is quite possibly the funniest thread I have ever seen on these boards. Bizarre, even. ROFLOL.
"To each their own, in all things".
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

It looks like QVC just mimicked the same setup it uses every year to stage these types of TSVs. So does that mean Lisa bought a house that reminded her of the Q?

----------------------

The staircase to nowhere???   I always think of the Winchester house in California when I see stairases that wind up a wall like that...

I am sure that this is the same 'holiday stage" room used every year at QVC.  The banister always has some decor on  it!!  Have seen many of the Q's vendors use it to demonstrate how to decorate with their items.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is a variety in quality of the garland and picks, and the color schemes change with the seasonal trends, but banister decor itself is pretty standard. Wrap stuff around it and try not to mess it up as you navigate the stairs.

Super Contributor

I must have missed something.  What is the point the original poster is trying to make?

I may be in the minority, but LR is gone and has been gone for some time. She did her job and now she has moved on. I think we should also.