Valued Contributor

Did Anyone Notice the Simply Stunning Tree?

I was watching the show today and noticed the top lights were out on the 7-ft flocked multi tree.  That tree costs $529 on sale -- $640 regular price -- and the lights didn't work!  Not good.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Did Anyone Notice the Simply Stunning Tree?

Wasn't watching, but when I see something like this, I can bet I would receive one without working lights or a strand would go bad in a few weeks.  It's been my luck.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Wasn't watching, but when I see something like this, I can bet I would receive one without working lights or a strand would go bad in a few weeks.  It's been my luck.  

@Foxxee  ... that’s exactly what would happen to me 😂🤣😂🤣

Esteemed Contributor

I figured  that was why Mary Beth only stood in front of the first 2 trees..

Super Contributor

I never noticed but i find that is the part that is covered by a tree topper so it really make no sense to me to put lights in that area to me. The lights don't  show through my angels dress any way. You really pay a lot attension to detail. I have worked in a flower shop before and can remeber trees costing that much with no lights, so if that tree cost that much with no lights at the top is a deal.

Super Contributor

It was the topper that was covering the top, not the lights were out. It just looked that way but it does appear that they are out. I would not use that big of a topper because of that.

Frequent Contributor

I watched this show on demand tonight and the top section of the flocked tree was not lighting. It was not a topper. The trees were undecorated. You could see when Mary Beth and the cameraman noticed it because then they panned away quickly and she went to another tree.

Esteemed Contributor

@Beauty Maven I just watched the replay and noticed the unlit portion of the one multi tree.  Then I heard poor Janine express shock that it wasn't lit. 

Whenever the presentation returned to Mary Beth later on, it showed the whole line of trees again, and that tree appeared to be fixed, to me.  Maybe the top wasn't securely plugged into the center pole.  I hope that's all it was.  I agree, it's an expensive tree!

Valued Contributor

@SHOPR -- I missed Janine's comment.  I'm sure you're right, it probably just wasn't completely plugged in to the power pole.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Beauty Maven Her comment wasn't very loud.  I was listening via an earbud which is probably why I was able to hear it.