Trusted Contributor

Re: Decorating this fall & holiday season, Changing it up? or doing your usual?

@ZoetheCat Beautifully done!  I hope your family and friends enjoy it with you!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't do any fall decorating. No spring decorating and I don't do other decorating for any other holiday except for Christmas. It's just too much "stuff" for me. 

It's months away yet, but I'm seriously considering not decorating for Christmas this year. I'm just kind of tired of it. But....if we have my family here for Christmas Day, we'll definitely put up our tree. If we go to my sister's house instead, I just don't know. 

Hopefully by then I'll have more holiday spirit and will feel like putting our tree up. 

I love looking at everyone else's pictures though!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

You are too kind @pinky ann!  

I'm in Massachusetts, a few miles south of the New Hampshire border.  We're also a couple of miles to the beach, and I just realized today that I haven't had my toes in the sand all summer.  I better work on that in the next month or so, because after that it's wait til next year.

We usually get our best foliage in late September/early October.  We have a large lot (about two acres) with lots of mature trees, so it is quite pretty for a week or so.  However, I have to say that for my money nothing beats Vermont.  It is quintessential New England, particularly in fall.  A few years ago, hubby and I spent a few days in Stowe, Vermont in the fall and it was absolutely spectacular.

I have heard that Pennsylvania also has wonderful foliage. Hopefully, one day I'll have an opportunity to check it out for myself!

Super Contributor

Thank you @TenderMercies.  Yes, we do like to have people over and in good weather we are always on the front porch.  In fact, my mom is coming for dinner tomorrow night and she specifically requested that we eat on the front porch.  Hopefully, it will be warm enough and the bugs stay away!

Esteemed Contributor

@pinky ann I love to decorate for the seasons. Last year I OD'd on Fall decor and was exhausted by the time I spent two days putting it all up and then two days putting it away. Then started right away decorating for Christmas. This year I am going light on the Fall decor. I bought waaaaaay too many pumpkins over the last couple of years, so I am going to "visit" my neighbors and put one on each porch. Kind of a May Day in September. Heart

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Valued Contributor

I hung up a Bethlehem Lights Christmas wreath yesterday, to make sure it still works.  It does - so I decided to leave it up for a while.  I doesn't look strictly like a Christmas wreath, and I am enjoying it so much.  It is in my bedroom - and since no one else comes into the bedroom, except for my cat, I am going to enjoy it.....until it is time to make sure another (semi-Christmas) wreath still works. 

Valued Contributor

ZoeTheCat - I love, love, love your decorations!  You are so creative and talented, and it shows in your decorating style.  Thanks so much for sharing your masterpieces with us.  You are a creative genius!

Trusted Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@pinky ann I love to decorate for the seasons. Last year I OD'd on Fall decor and was exhausted by the time I spent two days putting it all up and then two days putting it away. Then started right away decorating for Christmas. This year I am going light on the Fall decor. I bought waaaaaay too many pumpkins over the last couple of years, so I am going to "visit" my neighbors and put one on each porch. Kind of a May Day in September. Heart

@pattypeep

What a nice thing to do.  I wish I was your neighbor!

@pinky ann

What a great thread - thank you for starting it.

Trusted Contributor

@ZoetheCat

Beautifully done!  Are all those real pumpkins?  You did a wonderful job - I'm so jealous of that porch!

Super Contributor

@Carol08 wrote:

ZoeTheCat - I love, love, love your decorations!  You are so creative and talented, and it shows in your decorating style.  Thanks so much for sharing your masterpieces with us.  You are a creative genius!

You are far too kind @Carol08. I don't think it's so much that I am creative as it is that I am obsessed with Pinterest!  I get so many ideas from that site.  I love to see photos of how others decorate.  I almost always get an idea or two to use at my own home.