Honored Contributor

Re: Decorating outside (front area) for seasons...a pleasant surprise visit today.

That is so sweet, @homedecor1, it made me cry.  I'm so glad something you did brought such joy to another, and carried on even more by the kindness of his wife to let you know after his sad passing.

This is a real encouragement to all of us to continue our own decor projects.  We never know the happiness it might bring to someone else.  And that just makes life richer (and more pleasant) for everyone.

(Once summer someone told me she liked my red geraniums, and another person enjoyed the Christmas greens and red bows I had out.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Decorating outside (front area) for seasons...a pleasant surprise visit today.

We never know how our actions (whether it's hanging a wreath, planting flowers or putting up a flag) affect others. There's an old song that says"spread a little sunshine every day". 

Honored Contributor

My dear sweet Mom always said she wanted the house to look nice at all times because you never know who's looking or who will drop by to say hello...she was right.

You brought joy to that kind man...enough that he talked about your home to his wife. 

Lovely and heart warming.....

Honored Contributor

Great story.

Honored Contributor

How kind of her to stop by your home and let you know about her husband....more people than you probably know enjoy keeping an eye on your decorating skills!