Honored Contributor

Re: Decorating for Fall ~ When will you start?

@Regal Bee wrote:

I am going through some bins (things) for Fall and think I will start at the beginning of September....if I can hold out that long.

How about you? When do you plan to start Fall decorating.

PLEASE, if you don't decorate for Fall, just bypass this post and don't make comments that  are not necessary. Thank you.

Q-FR Mantel.JPG

@Regal Bee

Such charm in every corner of your home.

I especially love that you tucked the fringed napkin into the lower drawer to provide balance to the white pitcher.

I want to add some fabric pumpkins to my fall decor.  I already have a lot of glass and ceramic ones.  What is it that's so appealing about the pumpkin?  They are adorable in any shape or size - sometimes even color.

Wish you lived next door!  You're an inspiration.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell  Thank you. I love squirrels also....but not the real ones. We have so many in our cypress trees and they are little devils dropping the sticky nuts all over everything during this time of the year. Guess they are getting ready for the colder weather. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach  Thank you for such a gracious comment. I love the fabric pumpkins also and collect some each year. Last year I just went crazy with the velvet ones. Such fun. I also love napkins and just about always use them in my decorating. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Well, I did it.  I ordered some faux suede pumpkins, the set of three, from Grandin Road.  

Faux Suede Pumpkins, Set of Three

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

Last year someone on this forum mentioned velvet pumpkins from Etsy.  I looked them up and ordered several. They are perfect!

Honored Contributor

Today I set out a pumpkin candle and a cookbook called "Fall Favorites".

Contributor

Respected Contributor

I hold off until Labor Day weekend. If I work hard I can get it done in two days. What a great feeling when it is done. 

Outside I do October first, looking for new ideas for that.

Esteemed Contributor

I usually start the week after Labor Day....

Esteemed Contributor

I was in Michael's for some embroidery floss and greeting me was this big display of Fall stuff.  I love Fall colors and really started the bug to decorate.  But I was good and didn't buy anything.....yet!  I need to go thru all my stuff again before I buy more.

However, I do like to do the Fall decorating the end of August.  The kids go back to school so early now days that it seems like Fall when they go back.