Valued Contributor

Decorating Advice -- Christmas decor under the TV?

What is your philosophy regarding seasonal decor (especially Christmas) around the TV?  Just a little?  Or go all out?

I have a 72" cabinet under my 50" flat screen.  I also have a large open bookcase, dining table, sideboard and coffee/end tables in very close proximity to one another.  My condo is only 1,000 square ft. I don't want to overwhelm the space, but I love Christmas decor!! 

Should I just focus on the dining table & bookshelf and leave the TV cabinet alone? 

Looking forward to hear what you do and what you think!

Respected Contributor

Re: Decorating Advice -- Christmas decor under the TV?

Less is more 🙂.

Respected Contributor

Personally my decor philosophy is "more is more". LOL. My big TV (58") sits on a long low stand with two shelves below.They usually hold books and maybe a Luminara candle. For Christmas I put Bethlehem lighted garlands along those shelves and tuck in a couple of small Valerie mercury glass trees. I think you could put the decor items you really love on your other tables without it being overwhelming. I like to put away all my everyday decor and replace it with holiday decor.

Respected Contributor

I put decorations around the tv in my bedroom. I always tell a person, it's your house so decorate the way you wanna. If you want to go all out then go for it. I go all out in my living room. I enjoy it. One day years from now I might not be able to. So I'm gonna enjoy it while I can.

Honored Contributor

Do what makes you happy.

Respected Contributor

I have my tv on a chest....I always put some decorations around it.

You are looking at your tv a lot...,why not decorate around it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Beauty Maven   I decorate everywhere, it's what I love and makes me happy when looking at it, so whatever makes you happy, is what you should do.

Respected Contributor

@Beauty Maven   I do not like to draw attention to my television but I think you should do what makes you happy. It is your home and I have always maintained that if you are happy with your decor.....others can sense it and will be happy, too. 

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@alicedee   I decorate everywhere, it's what I love and makes me happy when looking at it, so whatever makes you happy, is what you should do.

That’s exactly what you should do....decorate in a way that you enjoy!  I alway have fun checking out people’s pictures of their pretty holiday decorating.

Valued Contributor

That's the struggle @tucsongal -- I like minimal because it's calm and easy-going; but I have so many pieces that I love (including what I bought this weekend. Darn that Valerie Parr Hill!!)