Esteemed Contributor

Re: David with Valerie at midnight

@Mominohio wrote:

@corita wrote:

@mac116 wrote:

The only thing that I did NOT like was the constant updates on how many were sold.  I know that tactic is intended to make people order quickly, but it bugs me on nearly all of David's shows.

----------------------

I have always enjoyed David, but hate his unrelenting updates on numbers and colors. It is just not needed at the beginning of a presentation of an item.  Last night, he was unbelievably tiresome and irritating about it.  After his updating viewers five times in twenty minutes, I called and complained. 

I realize it is a "sales tactic", but it is so frustrating and mostly so unnecessary!!  An update mention every twenty minutes would suffice.  I don't care how many and what color have been sold!

I'm just the opposite.

I appreciate the updates, especially when they break them down to how many have sold or are left of a particular color, in case I'm considering, I want to know how long I might have to make  a decision (like are there only 1000 of 30,000 they started with left, or are they just saying 'available' which tells me it isn't in in danger of being gone soon.

Often they will say they how many total they brought in of something, then update the totals sold, and if it has only been a few minutes or a few hours, it gives me some idea of how soon they may or may not become limited and how quickly the stock is or isn't going down. I tend to like to think about some purchases, if I think I have some time and don't need to act quickly.

---------------

I don't mind updates, but don't need to hear them every three minutes!!!   Have always thought it is very much like a sly "car salesman's"  technique to get viewers to jump and buy!! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay, just one more update in case people haven't heard about it: The immediate ship date for the silver tree is sold out, but there is an advance ship date available. However, none of the other colors are offered with additional ship dates, so once they sell out, they're gone.*

*At least until you wait a month or two and the Q "somehow" brings them back at a much higher price. Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

Rick, is once again at a nice slower pace.

Maybe it's working with Valerie that calms him down.

(And I ordered the silver - couldn't fight the temptation any longer)

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@mac116 wrote:

The only thing that I did NOT like was the constant updates on how many were sold.  I know that tactic is intended to make people order quickly, but it bugs me on nearly all of David's shows.

One of my pet peeves is his intro of such stats with the phrase, "And I can tell you that..." - as if it were a secret that he is being specially allowed to share even though we often see the inventory information ticking away on the screen. Smiley Wink  Not a big deal, I know, but it makes me grind my teeth every time he does it...which is typically many times during his shows.

@loriqvc  They all have a phrase that they repeat, Mary Beth says, "here's the thing," but we love her so it isn't annoying, the same with David, and Dan.  The key is not to watch the shows often, then these things won't annoy you, lol, that must be why I am not annoyed by them.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

I think many of the hosts give frequent updates, and @Mominohio I appreciate them too, if I'm thinking of buying. Watched some of the rerun with David and Valerie this morning on QVC2. It was very easy-going! At one point, among the trees, there was a moment of silence. I thought I went deaf! Hahahaha!

@PA Mom-mom  LOL!

I can see where some folks may find the "constant sold updates" annoying, but I was able to secure two items (now sold out)  today thanks to David's sold updates.  I usually procrastinate, especially when  David says something like "Over 90,000 Sold Today" but my little voice listened to David  and not 5 minutes after purchasing several items from Christmas/Valerie the items sold out.   HAPPY DANCE!  Smiley Happy