Esteemed Contributor

Re: David's Great Big Harvest

[ Edited ]

Just hope it is not a huge, oversize turkey!!!!  I am not a big fan of ovesized decor.....

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Grade1Teach

Thanks for sharing.  It should be a fun show....I do decorate for fall but have plenty of stuff (famous last words Woman LOL) I decorate my interior, (fall is 2nd favorite season, Christmas is #1) but I dont have anything outside other than a fall wreath on my door, and a pumpkin on my porch, but do put out touches of fall decor throughout my home......I will watch Davids show.......

I remember when QVC used to have lots of fun filled Halloween Shows---even though I dont really decorate for Halloween except for 2 vintage look pieces (cat and pumpkin, and a black cat) and a couple of Jim Shore Halloween cats, but the shows were still fun to watch...QVC then changed their emphasis to Christmas and seems to neglect the fall season now, even though they remind us the fall is the longest decorating season, and fall/halloween decorating is second to Christmas......Amercians spend 9.1 Billion on Halloween alone...

@Spurt  I keep Christmas decor out longer than Fall decor, two months for Fall, give or take, three for Christmas give or take.  I have enough Fall decor now, so hope I don't see anything at Q.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Grade1Teach

Thanks for sharing.  It should be a fun show....I do decorate for fall but have plenty of stuff (famous last words Woman LOL) I decorate my interior, (fall is 2nd favorite season, Christmas is #1) but I dont have anything outside other than a fall wreath on my door, and a pumpkin on my porch, but do put out touches of fall decor throughout my home......I will watch Davids show.......

I remember when QVC used to have lots of fun filled Halloween Shows---even though I dont really decorate for Halloween except for 2 vintage look pieces (cat and pumpkin, and a black cat) and a couple of Jim Shore Halloween cats, but the shows were still fun to watch...QVC then changed their emphasis to Christmas and seems to neglect the fall season now, even though they remind us the fall is the longest decorating season, and fall/halloween decorating is second to Christmas......Amercians spend 9.1 Billion on Halloween alone...

@Spurt  I keep Christmas decor out longer than Fall decor, two months for Fall, give or take, three for Christmas give or take.  I have enough Fall decor now, so hope I don't see anything at Q.

@mousiegirl

I put my fall stuff out in September and take it down end of October.....and do my Christmas decorating in November and take it down the first weekend in January....so roughly 2 months each.....

I think most people put up their fall stuff in September (Labor Day), and don't take it down until the day after Thanksgiving, and then put up Christmas decor and take it down right after New Years.....But us unique people do something different.... Woman Wink Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Thanks @Grade1Teach

Something else to watch! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I like David, so I will probably watch this show.

Super Contributor

Wonder if he will have Halloween? Now that would be fun! Fun Halloween that is, not horror. ( i doubt he'll have horror)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucylu12 wrote:

Love Harvest Decor. As much as I love decorating for Christmas. Fall decorations are enjoyed a lot longer. I decorate after Labor Day and leave everything out until a week before Thanksgiving. I decorated for Christmas the week before Thanksgiving so I am done by Thanksgiving to enjoy the Christmas Season. It takes me a week to get done. 

Christmas decor for me is up a month and fall decor is out for 2 1/2 months. So I really enjoy fall decorating.

@Moondance - We have a similar decorating approach! Although I love Christmas, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and autumn is my favorite decor theme, so I use the Labor Day holiday to set up all of my decorations for the fall season. Everything (almost all pumpkin related, to be honest) stays up until the weekend before Thanksgiving (my mother always hosts), when it all gets swapped out for my Christmas decor plus some additional items specific to the movie "Elf," which I host a big viewing party for on "Elf Friday" (not Black Friday for my family/friends!) every year to kick off the Christmas season. In the days after the party, the Elf stuff gets put away, and then the rest of the Christmas decor stays up until the end of January...usually, though I sometimes feel the need to clean, clean, clean around MLK Day after the hubbub of the holidays. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Interesting... As much as they like to hawk appropriate pumpkin patch wardrobe from head to toe... you'd think they'd do more for harvest season decor than they do...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I'm interested and I look forward to a show dedicated to the fall, my favorite time of year.  I do remember many years ago David hosted a Halloween show which had all sorts of masks and costumes and other Halloween items.  I think they should have a few Harvest shows and I'm sure Valerie will do one.  I don't want to rush the season but I am so tired of this daily heat and humidity.  I need some cool weather to motivate me!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up, Grade1Teach !!

Honored Contributor

@Grade1Teach, and everyone,

I am so looking forward to this show,

http://llerrah.com/images2/fallgraphic.gif