Occasional Contributor
Does anyone else think $56 is a lot for cookie dough for 96 cookies? That's about $7 a dozen. Nestle Cookie dough is about $2.50 a dozen and they're delicious.
Respected Contributor

@Lily18  That is a lot of money for cookie dough!  I agree, Nestle cookie dough is delicious Smiley HappyHeart

Trusted Contributor

@Lily18 There's still a percentage of customers who thinks David Venable & the David's Cookies' brand are related.

Respected Contributor

I don't know what the cookies taste like from frozen, but I used to buy David's cookies from the supermarket. They were costly, but they were the best cookies I ever tasted. 

Respected Contributor

My local bakery sells a dozen cookies priced from $9.50 to $12. Some as high as $15.

I think it's nice that there are many options available from grocery store bake at home to those from elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

Cookie dough is so quick and easy to mix up and freeze yourself.  You can make double batches and easily have a large quantity.   You have to be very busy or lazy to buy it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I thought David's was costly also, however my entire family including mom and my grandchildren love them. They get all excited when they begin to get a whiff of them while baking!

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Cookie dough is so quick and easy to mix up and freeze yourself.  You can make double batches and easily have a large quantity.   You have to be very busy or lazy to buy it.

@Kachina624 

....or completely inept at baking anything from scratch!!  In my many years on this earth, the closest I came to making anything semi from scratch was a lemon cake.  It was Duncan Hines cake mix with lemon jello and some other stuff.  You could ask every friend I've ever had and they would shake their heads nope never happened.  😥

Trusted Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

I don't know what the cookies taste like from frozen, but I used to buy David's cookies from the supermarket. They were costly, but they were the best cookies I ever tasted. 

@Janey2 

Were these the same cookies the larger Macy's stores baked and sold?  You could smell them baking when you walked in the store.  The best chocolate chip cookie I've ever tasted!!!!

Honored Contributor

@kze.  Anyone who can read and follow simple directions can make za good cookie dough,  there's nothing complex or exotic about making cookies.  Simplest stuff you can concoct.  It would be hard to screw them up.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment