Trusted Contributor

I think David is such a nice young man who is such a great salesman with anything he sells - but again, he's a salesman & wants you to buy what he has to sell.  & sharing a little of his family without sharing much of his personal life works for him ...

Trusted Contributor

I watched the presentation as it was happening and I do think he was genuine.  Yes, he is a salesman, but I also know he really loved his grandmother.  From what I remember, he always speaks of her fondly and with emotion.  It's not hard to believe that he would tear up talking about her tree and how the lights all of a sudden started working after not working for years.  I would get emotional too.

We are all human and have human emotions.  Just because his job is to sell products, doesn't mean that he doesn't have feelings.  I seriously doubt he would force himself to cry in front of millions of people just to make a few bucks for QVC.  That seems silly to me.

Honored Contributor

I tried to watch the video but they now have a big X and won't let me watch it.  

Valued Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@Pecky  I just went to the product page on my iPad app, and I was able to view the video just fine.

Honored Contributor

The bottom line is I don't know David and have no idea what kind of person he really is.  I hate crying in any kind of selling presentation.  For me, it is a big turn off.

Also, to me Christmas is something each person makes for themselves.  If you don't enjoy certain aspects about the holidays, do what YOU want and ignore the rest.  Nobody holds a gun to your head.

What annoys me most is the whining about how others celebrate or where someone sees Christmas ornaments too early.  Each person is free to celebrate as they wish, at least for now, so buck up and enjoy it YOUR way!  And an official "Bah Humbug" to all the naysayers and killjoys out there. 

Trusted Contributor

We always think the world now is more complicated than the world we left a long time ago.  We all can get nostalgic for a "simpler" time.  We live differently now, but most of us like the conveniences we have today.  My friends and I were talking yesterday about old refrigerators that had to be defrosted.  The ice would cake on the freezer box and it took a drill saw to chisel it out.  LOL.

The world is certainly a lot busier today, but this is probably nothing compared to what it will be like in the future.  I think David may have been strolling down memory lane and remembering the past with his family.  Yes, those of us who loved those who are no longer with us can get a bit misty eyed when we think of the times when we were all together.  It wasn't a perfect world, but we miss those happy times.

Respected Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I had the same problem. I have to wonder if David requested that they "X" it out because he was embarassed that he cried ?

Contributor

He's the best imo, seems like a very kind person.

Regular Contributor

I bet his grandmother's ceramic tree wasn't made in China.

Respected Contributor

Ceramic Trees seem to be making a comeback. QVC2 had a set of 3 graduated trees of varying heights for just under $50.  Davids tree is called "Mimis Tree" in honor of his grandmother on his Fathers side.

David loves Christmas and his family. Such a kind young man.