Esteemed Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

I think feelings of grief and loss can come over us when we least expect them.  Even for loved ones who left us long ago.  This has happened to me. 

--------------------------

This has happened to me too!  And often at the most unexpected times!  As I grow older and have acquired more memories in life, I often get teary thinking about loved ones. Sometimes just a song or a poem or an loved object can make me tear up!! 

I also think David was surprised at his reaction and I think it was a sincere emotion. I think his tears were brought on by his attachment to the tree and the connection to his grandmother.

Trusted Contributor

A little off topic, not about David, but I remember when Suzanne Runyan was a QVC host before she went to HSN and she was hosting a Seraphim Angels show.  She got all teary eyed while talking about the angels,  maybe being pregnant with her son had something to do with her emotions.  But she got me all teary eyed also, and I ended up purchasing an angel.....then as time went on I purchased a few more. Beautiful angels but they always make me think of Suzanne and that one show.

Respected Contributor

Re: David Venable choked up

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

I don't watch CIJ programming, but I had to see this video... Fine, he got choked up. His emotions were probably real and not feigned but he repeated the same story multiple times, as though he was flagellating himself into emoting. I'm not saying he was acting, I don't think he was, but if he sensed the recollections were getting to him he might just as easily have focused on other aspects of the presentation rather than telling the audience over and over about choosing the tree as a remembrance and it 'magically' lighting up... Personally, I can be as sentimental as anyone else but I thought the presentation was a bit absurd... As for the tree itself, it's hardly unique and seems to be just one more item in an endless array of QVC's Christmas kitsch...

I watched the video too. That tree looks exactly like the one that at least three of my family members had years ago. They all made them at a ceramics class which used to be a popular class to take. The difference is that their trees were not "imported."

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

After reading a couple comments about this, I watched the video myself.

For sure David is a salesman, he is a ham and a half ...

but I think he is genuine about his Gramma and his childhood.

Men have feelings and memories too.

Besides, the green tree is in my cart ..... 

Like I need it! Oh, now I am definitely laughing! 😂

-Texas Hill Country-
Super Contributor
I was watching, and seeing David getting so emotional almost had ME in tears, as well. He is such a kind soul. ❤
Education | Sorority Alumna | PGA Foundation | Coffee and Brunch are my thing.
Honored Contributor

Maybe his allergies were kicking up since it's July, the pollen count is high and it was 90 degress outside.

Esteemed Contributor

I was flipping channels and saw him choked up! Then I got choked up because I have my Mom and Nanas ceramic trees (they made in the 70s) They're much bigger than the one David was selling though. Anyway I felt bad, I can relate to missing relatives as I only have some cousins left (and my immediate family as in kids and grandkids and my husband and brother) Everyone else is gone (parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles and some of my cousins passed away too)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

His Instagram page had him saying couldn't wait to share a Special Mimi Tree today.

We all have those wonderful memories I'm sure -- it's nice he is "comfortable" enough to show his emotions & love he has for his family.  Always loved when his Mom called the show or vice versa😁

Respected Contributor

The video is not viewable...X on this video.....

Honored Contributor

The rerun is on Q2 right now withDavid. Just happened to flick over and the presentation is on!