Trusted Contributor

Re: Dare I Ask? What Did Everyone Buy???

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymonew deer at P1. Not sure if you remember the other silver ones I posted for you a while back but looks like this is a new pose. Might have to get this one.... Also, the velvet deer are on sale this weekend.  Not enabling or anything!!!silver deer.jpg

@MTH  I'm loving this pose but would like Champagne or gold as I don't use silver much anymore.  Thanks for the picture. I love his front legs.

@lucymo  I fell in love with these when I saw them in the store.  I didn't think the pics did them justice.  I started out using mostly silver but now do just about anything.  I would bet my bottom dollar (since we're all gonna be in the same poor house anyway) that the next incarnation will be in other colors, which of course I'll need to have as well.  They are very sizable too. I can tell I'm gonna be in trouble when I go for their decor class next week.

@MTH  I don't think pictures capture the beauty of silver anyway.  I guess it's the brightness of the color.  I love the poses of them.  I remember the other ones. 

Yes, we'll be at the 'Poor House' sooner rather than later.  I think I've lost my mind.  Woman Frustrated

@lucymo  True about capturing silver in pics but I bet your idea of a champagne set would be gorgeous.  I think that grey deer set will be my next obsession.  When we've gone to the decor classes there in the past, they always offer attendees special discount coupons so I may come away with that grey set after all.

@MTH  What exactly is 'decor classes'?  I hope you do get a coupon for the deer.  I tell you this deer thing is out of control, isn't it?  Nothing is more striking than a herd of deer in a grouping for the holidays, IMO.

@lucymo@mousiegirl  I agree on the storage of those deer.  It is a challenge already much less adding somethign so big. Will have to see how I feel about that when I actually see them in the store.

Lucy to answer your question about the "decor classes", The P1s by us started doing these 2 hour sessions a few times a year on Saturday afternoons, mostly by the holidays., Of course they want you to buy their stuff, so they have decorators who come to the store and provide decorating tips (using their items) and examples of how to set tables, put together decor items in groups, floral arranging and color scheming.  They even had a napkin folding session one day around Easter.  Was fun but some of the folding techniques, albeit very cute, were complicated and it took forever to set the table...LOL.  I started going to some of them around this time last year and they just announced their "Fall" session. They will showcase their new items and how to use them in your home.  Sort of a local VPH comes in and does them.  They are free and they usually give you percentages off anything you buy even if the items are already on sale. They also have gift card giveaways and prizes.  It's a fun Saturday day out for the girls!

@MTH  Aw, I want to go.  It does sound like something I would enjoy doing and then I'd want to buy every item they used.  Have fun and please post back and tell us what you learned.

@lucymo  You're welcome down here anytime.  South Florida is awfully hot still but it would sure be fun to attend one of these things with you.  Actually, you'd probably be a pretty good teacher for this....Hmmm maybe something to consider.

Respected Contributor

@MTH I was in Pier1 today and they have a lot of fall stuff they put out early this year. I signed up for the fall decorating event next weekend. Let's see what they give me % off. Check to see your local store for the fall event. 

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymonew deer at P1. Not sure if you remember the other silver ones I posted for you a while back but looks like this is a new pose. Might have to get this one.... Also, the velvet deer are on sale this weekend.  Not enabling or anything!!!silver deer.jpg

@MTH  I'm loving this pose but would like Champagne or gold as I don't use silver much anymore.  Thanks for the picture. I love his front legs.

@lucymo  I fell in love with these when I saw them in the store.  I didn't think the pics did them justice.  I started out using mostly silver but now do just about anything.  I would bet my bottom dollar (since we're all gonna be in the same poor house anyway) that the next incarnation will be in other colors, which of course I'll need to have as well.  They are very sizable too. I can tell I'm gonna be in trouble when I go for their decor class next week.

@MTH  I don't think pictures capture the beauty of silver anyway.  I guess it's the brightness of the color.  I love the poses of them.  I remember the other ones. 

Yes, we'll be at the 'Poor House' sooner rather than later.  I think I've lost my mind.  Woman Frustrated

@lucymo  True about capturing silver in pics but I bet your idea of a champagne set would be gorgeous.  I think that grey deer set will be my next obsession.  When we've gone to the decor classes there in the past, they always offer attendees special discount coupons so I may come away with that grey set after all.

@MTH  What exactly is 'decor classes'?  I hope you do get a coupon for the deer.  I tell you this deer thing is out of control, isn't it?  Nothing is more striking than a herd of deer in a grouping for the holidays, IMO.

@lucymo@mousiegirl  I agree on the storage of those deer.  It is a challenge already much less adding somethign so big. Will have to see how I feel about that when I actually see them in the store.

Lucy to answer your question about the "decor classes", The P1s by us started doing these 2 hour sessions a few times a year on Saturday afternoons, mostly by the holidays., Of course they want you to buy their stuff, so they have decorators who come to the store and provide decorating tips (using their items) and examples of how to set tables, put together decor items in groups, floral arranging and color scheming.  They even had a napkin folding session one day around Easter.  Was fun but some of the folding techniques, albeit very cute, were complicated and it took forever to set the table...LOL.  I started going to some of them around this time last year and they just announced their "Fall" session. They will showcase their new items and how to use them in your home.  Sort of a local VPH comes in and does them.  They are free and they usually give you percentages off anything you buy even if the items are already on sale. They also have gift card giveaways and prizes.  It's a fun Saturday day out for the girls!

@MTH  Aw, I want to go.  It does sound like something I would enjoy doing and then I'd want to buy every item they used.  Have fun and please post back and tell us what you learned.

@lucymo  You're welcome down here anytime.  South Florida is awfully hot still but it would sure be fun to attend one of these things with you.  Actually, you'd probably be a pretty good teacher for this....Hmmm maybe something to consider.

@MTH  Thank you for that sweet comment.  I sure would love to go with you.  You and your friends will have a ball and I hope you win one of the gift cards.  Wouldn't that be fun to shop with free money, so to speak.  I can't wait to hear what you do and if you win something.

Trusted Contributor

@BabyYoda wrote:

@MTH I was in Pier1 today and they have a lot of fall stuff they put out early this year. I signed up for the fall decorating event next weekend. Let's see what they give me % off. Check to see your local store for the fall event. 

@BabyYoda  I signed up for the local event already. Can't wait to go.  Last time we were given a percentage off which also applied to already on-sale items so it may be tempting.  I did see that my store has a good bit of Fall items already but I'm scared to go until next week so I'm not buying before the coupon...LOL.  Let me know how your class goes and whether you buy anything.