Honored Contributor

Re: DV confirms there will be a CIJ !

I couldn't imagine they wouldn't have CIJ unless there was no product in stock to do so. I'm guessing there won't be the usual huge selection of new stuff that comes out usually during July. Traditionally it is their most and best prices. 

What will be odd is if there are no vendors. I'm not really going to be into it without vendors. 

I love to watch, and will this year. I haven't bought anything holiday in a couple of years (maybe even three or so), and won't this year either. Sometimes there is a lantern I can't say no to the last couple of years, but I don't think I'll even fall for that this year. Too much stuff, and trying not to buy from China unless necessary. 

Regular Contributor

Meowingkitty, I also was considering buying my tree from Balsam Hill even though they are expensive. If you are planning on opening the package I’d love to get a review. TIA

Respected Contributor

I sure wish they would do away with it. I am sick to death of listening to Christmas from July until Dec. I want summer.

Trusted Contributor

@FLGranny 

Sorry to jump in on this, but I ordered two trees from Balsam Hill last year during their Christmas in July Sale.  We used them for the first time this past Christmas and they were SPECTACULAR.  They were strong, sturdy, and very realistic looking.  They came pacakaged with the stand, gloves for fluffing out the trees (we didn't need to use them), and a tremendous bag with handles to store them.

I would HIGHLY recommend getting a tree (or two!) from them.  I'm a big Hallmark Christmas Movie fan and I remember reading that a lot of their trees are from Balsam Hill.  They even advertise for Balsam Hill in the actual movie.  LOL 

I hope meowingkitty likes hers too!

Respected Contributor

Well, I sure wish they would do away with all the Handbag shows and shoe shows.   I will NEVER buy shoes or handbags off the T.V. so they are a waste of my time and I wish they would Stop it.  I have to navigate around  those shows on a weekly basis But I don't whine about it I just do not watch them.    DON"T rag on my Christmas In july.  I look at it as FINALLY Equal time for something I LIKE.

I love Summer too. 

WOULD ANY OF THE NAY SAYERS for CIJ PLEASE EXPLAIN how a T.V. show  ruins Your ability to enjoy your Summer days and nights please.

Respected Contributor

Happy to read there will still be a CIJ. I didn't know it was in doubt that there would be one.  I get great ideas from those shows.

Honored Contributor

I love to get ideas from CIJ, dont really need a thing...but on occasion something I own will wear out or lights will stop working and its time to replace.....and there are some non-sentimental items I also donate too....But sometimes I'll wait and see what they have at Hobby Lobby.  Lately they've been putting a few of their Christmas stuff out in July too....

🎅🎄🔔 ⛪ ⛄ 🌟

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

Well, I sure wish they would do away with all the Handbag shows and shoe shows.   I will NEVER buy shoes or handbags off the T.V. so they are a waste of my time and I wish they would Stop it.  I have to navigate around  those shows on a weekly basis But I don't whine about it I just do not watch them.    DON"T rag on my Christmas In july.  I look at it as FINALLY Equal time for something I LIKE.

I love Summer too. 

WOULD ANY OF THE NAY SAYERS for CIJ PLEASE EXPLAIN how a T.V. show  ruins Your ability to enjoy your Summer days and nights please.

Yes! @candys mine 

I get so sick of scanning across their three networks to find fashion on every channel many many times throughout the year. I get sick of shoes and purses and ugly clothing. I'll never understand why they can't be sure their programming is set up so that if one channel has fashion/beauty airing, the other has home goods, holiday or kitchen. 

But I certainly don't let their dumb programming decisions ruin my life or keep me from enjoying whatever season, holiday, random Tuesday it is. I have a bigger life than that (not much bigger, but bigger enough to change the channel and move on! LOL).

Valued Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Reever  Yes!! David mentioned it in his Facebook coffee chat on Thursday morning. He said they have been planning it for a year. I love CIJ and am looking forward to it. Don't buy a whole lot, but I watch and think snow and Christmas!

and covid 19!!!