Esteemed Contributor

Re: DOES ANYONE HAVE SPECIAL PLANS FOR MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND?

Ours will most likely be quiet.  We tend to venture out on non holidays as we prefer not to be with crowds, not just due to Covid but just in general.  I may try though, to meet up with my sister and visit our parents gravesite together.  We didn't make it last year and I felt bad about it as I have never missed a Memorial day visit.  She's also having surgery the next day so it will be good for us to be together and I can hopefully bring her some calmness.

It's not life threatening but she is a very nervous patient.

Hoping everyone has nice weather and can enjoy whatever your plans.

Esteemed Contributor

If the weather holds out I want to work on a parcel of land I own. So overgrown it's intimidating but got to start somewhere.

If the weather won't cooperate I like the idea of photographing and uploading some cemetary photos to find a grave.

Think I'll avoid the crowds and pack a cooler to take with me!

Trusted Contributor

We actually are going to a wedding. 

Esteemed Contributor

Assuming all goes well with DH this week we are invited to his best friends house for a huge BBQ.We go every year. My son & DIL will be joining us.

Respected Contributor

Since we live in a touristy town, we stay home and off the roads for summer holidays.  I'll put out my patriotic wreath and we will enjoy the day off.

Respected Contributor

Nope

Respected Contributor

I am taking a plane trip to visit my daughter in Chicago. Last time we were there was in December of 2019. Looking forward to seeing her and Chicago.

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@Flatbush wrote:

I don't have anything planned, but would like to see if I can get any ideas from posters i.e. family bar b que, going away, quietly staying home etc ?

My response from someone else's query from a few days ago:

~ visit family graves and if they're not on find-a-grave or billiongraves, take a pict and upload the info

~ in honor of those who fought and died for our freedoms, spend some time reading the US Constitution and Bill of Rights and maybe find something to watch that recounts the history of how these documents and our freedoms came to be

I had to go to the town where my family members are buried on Monday and stopped in the cemetery to do my regular check on the graves. Sometime between Easter and Memorial Day, I do my annual Tour de Graves as I call it to be sure everything's okay.

I'm going to dust off my little Weber Smoky Joe grill and barbecue a few burgers on Sunday or Monday. (Maybe both days.) I'll be heading to the grocery store tomorrow to pick up some fresh ground beef and other stuff, then watch the racing on Sunday and just take things easy. Nothing too major going on.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

No special plans for us.  

Trucker daughter got in yesterday after 8 days on the road, so she will rest and enjoy family time as well as a few home cooked meals.  

Teacher daughter and her boyfriend are camping in a state park nearby.    

Respected Contributor

@LindaSal  Had to work today, but we will be going over relatives for a BBQ and a dip in the pool.  My contribution will be homemade Key lime pie, times 2.  🍔🌭🏊🍈🍰

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread