Honored Contributor

Re: DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIE?

I adore "The House Without a Christmas Tree".  It is so sweet, funny, touching and sad -- all at the same time.  It brings me back to a simpler time, sort of like when I was a child.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Our absolute favorite is the Nativity trilogy. They are from Great Britain.

Very funny,but so touching. The first time ever Chriatmas. Don't forget the Baby born in the hay and Dude,where's my donkey?

Regular Contributor

It's a Wonderful Life remains my favorite and it seems to take on a lot more meaning as I get older. It's one that I always cry over.

I also love White Christmas and A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim. 

I always have to watch A Charlie Brown Christmas too!

Respected Contributor

A Lion in Winter. Family dynamics at its finest.

Esteemed Contributor

home alone

Christmas with the kranks

love actually 

it's a wonderful life 

the bishops wife 

christmas story

Respected Contributor

Miracle on 34th Street with Natalie Wood.

Respected Contributor

I love all " The Christmas Carol " movies and have them all.Watch them every year.

Trusted Contributor

I love all the ones mentioned so far. I could watch Christmas movies all year round, especially the classics like miracle on 34th street and It's a wonderful life . I also like comedy like home alone, Santa clause,elf, and chevy chase movies. I like the Christmas movies with Dolly Parton.

As for some of my favorites well...."

There was a movie made in 97 called The Christmas List with Mimi Rogers. I make sure I watch it every year. It's kinda a romance but different than the HM movies that are always showing. I don't think it's out on DVD but you can watch it on you tube . 

Then there's the Debbie Macomber movies, I especially enjoyed  Call Me Mrs Miracle.

Another favorite is a Disney movie called Eloise at Christmas time about a mischievousness 6 year old girl, with Julie Andrews and Sara Topham.  Yes I love Christmas and all the movies that come with it! 

And oh yeah, the kid in me must watch Rudolph with Burl Ives narrative at least once and of course the older version of  The Christmas Carol!

Ok I'm done!  Merry Christmas! 

Super Contributor

I think my favorites are Home Alone - all three of them and a Christmas Carol. Also, I love The Holiday, I always dream of having a cute and cozy cottage whenever I watch it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

My favorite is " A Christmas Carol ", but it has to be the one from the 50's starring  Alistar Sim. It's not Christmas without it .🎄🎄

@QVCkitty1- We're kindred spirits!  I just saw this thread and was going to post the exact same thing.  I'm so glad there's someone else who loves this version.

There is a colorized version of this film and I have that, too, but the B&W version is the one I love.  It has the atmosphere of the time.

ETA:  I also love "Holiday Inn" (the original B&W), "White Christmas" and "It's a Wonderful Life".  I just love the classics.