Regular Contributor

Re: DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIE?

My favorite Christmas movie of all is 'It's A Wonderful Life' with Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed. The message in that movie being everyone touches another persons life is so meaningful to me. George Bailey reminds me of my father who's name was also George!

This is actually not just my favorite Christmas movie but my favorite movie ever.

There is a wonderful movie I found one year watching Hallmark or Lifetime. It stars Rob Lowe. It is titled "The Christmas Shoes". I just loved it and bought it so I could see it every year. Highly recommend it. 

Honored Contributor

Mine is The Bishops Wife.

Honored Contributor

My vote goes to The Homecoming, with the Waltons, first aired 1971.  Patricia Neal was perfect.  Haven't see it in ages; wish it would rerun on network TV.  Runner up is Love Actually.

Respected Contributor

I really, really love them all, but me very favorite is A Christmas Carol with Alistair Sim as Scrooge. It is the best version, in my opinion, but I do love them all! Next would be Christmas Vacation, Holiday Inn, Christmas in Ct. Etc!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

My favorite is " A Christmas Carol ", but it has to be the one from the 50's starring  Alistar Sim. It's not Christmas without it .🎄🎄

You are my kindred spirit! I put up the village and try to keep it as true to the story as possible! I saw the original manuscript at the Morgan Library in NYC. It was amazing! Saturday, I'm hearing Dicken's grandson do the reading! I can't wait!

While I'm editing due to typo, I want to add I do love all the movies mentioned, many of which I'd forgotten! Bishop's Wife was another great one! Miracle on.., Wonderful Life, etc!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mary Bailey wrote:

It's A Wonderful Life is my all-time favorite movie.  It can be hard to watch.  It wasn't released as a Christmas movie. I think it had something to do with the Oscars.   I usually watch it in the summer and during the Christmas season. 

There are so many Christmas movies that are my favorite.  It depends on my mood I guess.  I love:

A Christmas Carol with Alistar Sim.

White Christmas

Miracle on 34th Street

The Santa Clause (all 3)

Prancer

I forgot about Prancer. It was wonderful. My only objection was the ending.

Spoiler
if there had simply been a shooting star instead of Santas sleigh I think it would have left more of a mystical, plausible sighting...maybe it was Santa, maybe not, but left the possibility open while not going too far.

BTW, I love your user name! 

Honored Contributor

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Elf

Four Christmases

A Christmas Story

Frequent Contributor

I love It's a Wonderful Life, the Grinch (original animated) & Charlie Brown Christmas. (Yes, I'm WAY over 50). But my new favorite for more current movies is The Ref with Denis Leary. Kind of a dysfunctional family Christmas story but very funny!

Frequent Contributor

Elf, Miracle on 34th street and all the movies on Hallmark during the Christmas season.

Esteemed Contributor

The Bishop's Wife with Loretta Youn, Gregory Peck, and David Niven. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust