Occasional Contributor
During this morning's presentation the Hanukkah bear said very clearly, "S**t, you lose" at the end of the dreidel song and no one seemed to notice!!
Occasional Contributor
Hanukkah puppy, that is. My mistake.
Respected Contributor

😂 

Respected Contributor

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tried to watch a video of it, but none are posted for this item that I can see.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

@LIBeth - Actually, what the puppy is saying is, "Shin—you lose!" "Shin" means "put in" because the player needs to put a token in the pot if the dreidel lands on the "shin" side. The puppy also says other phrases that go along with the Hebrew letters displayed on the dreidel, which are the rules of the game. You may want to speak to a Jewish friend or do some Googling if you're interested in learning more about playing dreidel; here's a link from Wikipedia to get you started:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreidel#:~:text=Adapted%20to%20the%20Hebrew%20alphabet,the%20rules%20o....

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc @NYC Lover 

The letters signify the phrase A Great Miracle Happened Here, which describes the story of Chanukah

@loriqvc wrote:

@LIBeth - Actually, what the puppy is saying is, "Shin—you lose!" "Shin" means "put in" because the player needs to put a token in the pot if the dreidel lands on the "shin" side. The puppy also says other phrases that go along with the Hebrew letters displayed on the dreidel, which are the rules of the game. You may want to speak to a Jewish friend or do some Googling if you're interested in learning more about playing dreidel; here's a link from Wikipedia to get you started:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreidel#:~:text=Adapted%20to%20the%20Hebrew%20alphabet,the%20rules%20o....

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

The OP is wrong but it's a funny wrong...good grief. 

Honored Contributor

LOL ... that's funny.   Misunderstandings often are!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @loriqvc and @I am still oxox  I learned something from you today and I'm always open to learning.

Honored Contributor

Thanks to all who explained what the bear said and why.

i think we tend to hear what we already know sometimes and I assume lots of posters don’t have experience with the dreidel.