Regular Contributor

Re: Cracker Barrel Fall (3 stackng

Well my stacking pumpkins arrived yesterday and I knew looking at the box I was in for problems.  The box was taped, and taped and taped to cover holes and punched in side of the box.  When I finally got the tape off I was pleasantly surprised that it looked to be in good shape.  It is very light weight and I liked the colors of the pumpkins.  Only one branch of berries were loose and they could be glued back on easily.  When I got the Styrofoam off the bottom of the urn I found a button to try the lights, they worked however there are very few lights.  Then I saw it, the entire battery box was out of where it should have been located and glue was coming down everywhere and no cover to the battery box.  I was not happy especially for the price so I went to their customer service section and described it was delivered an hour ago and on unpacking this is what I found.  They did not send me a return label so I asked where to send for a FULL refund or can I return to the store in my area.  Well I just got an email back with them offering to take $40.00 off the cost if I wanted to keep it as they did not have an exchange for me.  I really like the pumpkins and urn so I'm very tempted to accept the offer.  I would add my own lights on a timer and not use their lights anyway.  So I'm going to sit and look at it tomorrow and Sunday and decide what I want to do.  So disappointed!  The Pumpkin Pie coffee was excellent! 

Honored Contributor

@aunt bea wrote:

Well my stacking pumpkins arrived yesterday and I knew looking at the box I was in for problems.  The box was taped, and taped and taped to cover holes and punched in side of the box.  When I finally got the tape off I was pleasantly surprised that it looked to be in good shape.  It is very light weight and I liked the colors of the pumpkins.  Only one branch of berries were loose and they could be glued back on easily.  When I got the Styrofoam off the bottom of the urn I found a button to try the lights, they worked however there are very few lights.  Then I saw it, the entire battery box was out of where it should have been located and glue was coming down everywhere and no cover to the battery box.  I was not happy especially for the price so I went to their customer service section and described it was delivered an hour ago and on unpacking this is what I found.  They did not send me a return label so I asked where to send for a FULL refund or can I return to the store in my area.  Well I just got an email back with them offering to take $40.00 off the cost if I wanted to keep it as they did not have an exchange for me.  I really like the pumpkins and urn so I'm very tempted to accept the offer.  I would add my own lights on a timer and not use their lights anyway.  So I'm going to sit and look at it tomorrow and Sunday and decide what I want to do.  So disappointed!  The Pumpkin Pie coffee was excellent! 

@aunt bea  I returned a damaged item a few years ago, and it took over a month to receive a refund, and I had to call several times to remind them.

Respected Contributor

@aunt bea
Thanks for your review. A shame it arrived in such shape. Let us know what you decide to do! In my opinion, $40 back isn’t bad if it’s fixable and you like it.