Frequent Contributor

Re: Countdown to Christmas In July!

Just received an email saying that the Jim Shores show scheduled for July 1 has been cancelled. No rescheduled...sad news. I was looking forward to it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mardy wrote:

Just received an email saying that the Jim Shores show scheduled for July 1 has been cancelled. No rescheduled...sad news. I was looking forward to it. 

@mardy He still has a show listed on QVC2 at 5PM. Do you think they just have not revamped the program guide?

Honored Contributor

@mardy wrote:

My guess is there will be more changes in the CIJ lineups before the first. 

They try to put this stuff together well in advance, but sometimes they can't get the merchandise when expected, or they make changes based on things they think might sell better in a given time/event space. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm disappointed to hear that about Jim Shore too, but I did check his website and looks like he does have appearances scheduled for the actual CIJ weekend.  Keep our fingers crossed that he is able to keep those visits and bring some of his new Christmas pieces. There are lots of new holiday pieces on his website.  

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

My dear forum friends, I hope you all enjoy Christmas in July.I’m trying desperately to hold on to Summer for as long as I can.It’s too short here in the northeast.I won’t be thinking about Christmas until Thanksgiving.Therefore, I’ll pass on the Christmas in July shows.

@NicksmomESQ . I'm with you on this!  Plus the last several days (except for a rainy Sunday) the weather has been glorious!  NO humidity and in the upper 70s!  You can't ask for better weather than that! 

We went to an outdoor party Saturday, and on Monday ate lunch outdoors in a lovely garden like setting celebrating a friend's birthday.  Yesterday was equally nice while running some errands.  I love summer when the weather is lovely!

Winter makes me miserable and last winter was a particulary hard one.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I adore CIJ. I love VPH items, and VPH herself, and it is the one time of year when many items are at the best price (and available) they will be before clearance. 

I wish they did more Christmas-themed kitchen shows like they did years ago when I lived in Texas. I adored those. I watch most of the shows and have since 2003 or so. My husband and kids know that the big tv is off-limits for a bit. Smiley Happy 

Thank God it takes place during the summer or it would be much harder with school schedules. People that don't like it can change the channel; that is what I do when mattresses and boring shows are on. I start to think of Christmas by July, so it makes sense for me. Christmas in July is actually a Victorian tradition. 

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I don’t watch, but check in online occasionally.   My goal is to spend less on food products, like apples and pretzels for gifting.   

@RedTop  I can pass up all food except the Mrs. Prindables apples covered in only peanuts, only available around for Christmas, it seems

Valued Contributor

@perfectstain wrote:

I adore CIJ. I love VPH items, and VPH herself, and it is the one time of year when many items are at the best price (and available) they will be before clearance. 

I wish they did more Christmas-themed kitchen shows like they did years ago when I lived in Texas. I adored those. I watch most of the shows and have since 2003 or so. My husband and kids know that the big tv is off-limits for a bit. Smiley Happy 

Thank God it takes place during the summer or it would be much harder with school schedules. People that don't like it can change the channel; that is what I do when mattresses and boring shows are on. I start to think of Christmas by July, so it makes sense for me. Christmas in July is actually a Victiorian tradition. 

@perfectstain 

I totally agree with you! It is the best time to get VPH and other Christmas items at an excellent price. These shows also have the best selection of items.  We have so much fun on these forum boards when CIJ rolls around.

Esteemed Contributor

@perfectstain If you have not spent much time in this forum during CIJ, it's time you did! So much fun! You will find yourself lured into any number of purchases. Fortunately, there is that "in process" time in your account that allows you to change your mind (dont!). I don't contribute a lot, but I learn so much. I am no decorator, but these Holiday contributors are so helpful and loaded with information!

Contributor

thanks @PA Mom-mom. I am not here much, but I check in to see what everyone is talking about every week. Have enjoyed CIJ on Q since I was in my 20's as a young bride, and still watch every year. Smiley Happy I have had few regrets with purchases here. I am careful about what I choose to buy. Although now I have a whole little room in my house to store my decor and Q purchases in the off-season and nobody goes in there (or dares to, lol) or sees it until the holidays roll around. I decorate for my favorite season (harvest through Thanksgiving) fall, and I have half my deco-room packed with decor for that season alone. I also like Christmas and New Year decorating and celebrating/entertaining in general. My favorite time on the Q is July and August. I don't hate the "Christmas Death March" (when the Q sells hard from September on) as much as others. -I prefer it to the bore-fest of computers, mattresses, vacuums and electronics, Susan Graver, and beauty items. If I get sick of it, I turn off the tv and head off to one of my gardens I worked to build. Smiley Happy