Esteemed Contributor

Could not resist...Valerie glass hurricane

Well, well....could not pass this one up!   Wanted to order this glass hurricane when it was presented before, but resisted.  Today is it on sale and just had to have it!!  Reviews did not like the cheap candle, so I will use a Luminara instead!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Could not resist...Valerie glass hurricane

@corita wrote:

Well, well....could not pass this one up!   Wanted to order this glass hurricane when it was presented before, but resisted.  Today is it on sale and just had to have it!!  Reviews did not like the cheap candle, so I will use a Luminara instead!!!

So what is the item number?

Trusted Contributor

I think @corita is referring to H221842.  I have these in both sizes and I really like them.  Yes, the candles are cheap.  I substituted my Luminaras.  Pier 1 had these at a much higher price.  Well worth the money on clearance and you can put anything in the bottom (that will fit through the neck, of course!)  

Honored Contributor

That glass container is very handsome, with the ability to "suspend" the candle via the metal holder.  I've always liked those, and they have a serene, almost Colonial feeling to them.  Love hammered glass and the way it "bends" light.

Respected Contributor

I liked them in Pier 1. Shipping from Qvc to Alaska is too expensive. Almost doubles the price.

Esteemed Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

I think @corita is referring to H221842.  I have these in both sizes and I really like them.  Yes, the candles are cheap.  I substituted my Luminaras.  Pier 1 had these at a much higher price.  Well worth the money on clearance and you can put anything in the bottom (that will fit through the neck, of course!)  

--------------

Yes that is the number.  Really hope it meets my expectations!  Hate the thought of sending back a huge glass item...

Respected Contributor

@corita   You'll love it!  I got the large one as an "as is" a few weeks back and it is very nice and with nice thick glass.  The candle is kind of cheap, but I have it on the floor in the guest room on the timer function, so I just left the candle that came with it, but may upgrade it eventually.  All my luminara candles are too wide, so I'll have to see if I can get a smaller one.

I'm very tempted to buy another since the price now is what I paid for the "as is".

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

So I received my hurricane yesterday and opened it right away! I love it, but I ordered the 11 inch and swear mine is larger!!  It is really much larger than I had expected!!  Had planned on placing on my coffee table, but really it is too big!  Ended up placing it in my little plant corner in TV room.

The candle is indeed a total flop...cheap looking!! I placed a pillar CI candle instead and it looks great.  Now will find some little Easter doodads to fill in the bottom of the container.