Honored Contributor

Re: Close-up pics of vintage ornaments I put on our tree...

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise  Oh, thanks so much for posting the close-ups of the ornaments.  I zoomed the other pictures but this is much better.  I have always loved the indented ones so I see you do too and there are some beautiful ones.  I see some that we had at one time but most I haven't seen or owned.  I also love the dark blue one with the white candles, just looks so special.  I'd hate to have to pick an absolute favorite.  I know you're proud of all of these and you and DH will enjoy them for years.

Thanks again for sharing the pictures and the info on where to find them if anyone wants to start a collection.  You did an outstanding job of choosing the ones to get.  I love them all.

@lucymo Hi Lucy, and thank you so much! Smiley Happy

The indented ornaments are wonderful...I agree! I'm trying to remember back to when I initially got hooked decorating with more vintage and it was by way of Pinterest.

It started by viewing all the pins of the vintage Christmas cards and just blossomed from there. A few of the cards actually made me weepy with all the memories that flooded inside of me.

Then some of those pins would lead me to other areas of vintage decor.

I just checked my order history on Ebay and I started buying the ornaments about a week before Thanksgiving...thinking at the time I would just get a single lot of a dozen to add to what I was already putting on our tree. I had no idea it was going to be a collection of over 100 in about a 3-4 week period and I was going to decorate the entire tree with them!

If you, @mousiegirl or anyone else wants to know, the main search I would put in the Ebay search bar is: 

Vintage Glass Christmas Ornaments

Then I would narrow down the search by the decade by adding say 1940's, 1950's etc.

Or by the country they were made...Made in US of A, Made in USA, Poland, etc.

Or by the manufacturer...like Shiney Brite...

Or by the type...stencil (like the ornament with candles you like), striped, etc.

Anyway, I hope all is well with you Smiley Happy

We are actually going to be getting small bouts of snow showers tomorrow night and even Christmas Day unless the forecast changes. 

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise Lovely! Merry Christmas!🎄 

Honored Contributor

Love your vintage ornament tree. I have a grouping of 3 small trees in dining room and you are giving me an idea for a collection I would like  to start. 

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

Love your vintage ornament tree. I have a grouping of 3 small trees in dining room and you are giving me an idea for a collection I would like  to start. 

@DREAMON  If you do start a collection, it will be a lot of fun guaranteed. So much eye candy and so many to choose from. Let us know if you do and please make sure you share pics with us all next year!

I would like to see pics of your holiday decorating this year too Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have some mercury glass ornaments that my great , great  grandparents brought over from Germany about 150 years ago. There were once quite a lot I suppose but now only 4 remain. And they are so delicate! I am fearful as I put them on the tree each year but what reason would there be to keep them in the box.

OP - your vintage ornaments are lovely.

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise

Your tree is beautiful.  I too remember having many of the same ornaments on our childhood trees.  I can see the boxes they came packed in complete with cardboard dividers. 

Merry Christmas.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise Gorgeous, I love them.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Trusted Contributor

We purchased a box of 12 of the small ones for a whopping price of 88cents!! There were some on your beautiful that are like those  

same ones we bought our 1st Christmas, 54 years ago. We still have most of them--------tedEbear