Frequent Contributor

Hey everyone.  I have been checking out the decor.  What do you think of this oversized ginger boy and girl that Valerie has?  I am thinking of purchasing.  Anyone seen anything they like so far?

Respected Contributor

I misread your post, thought it said “overpriced” gingerbread boy 😁

Valued Contributor

Those gingerbread people are totally overpriced. With tax and shipping you’re looking at $65 for each of them. That’s a lot for a piece of plastic that looks like it was decorated in a 1st grade art class. They should be priced around $25. 

Frequent Contributor

I think they are really cute.  Have Not decided yet though.  Hope you have a nice day and enjoy all the shows sunday.😊

Respected Contributor

@labmommy1   I haven't been able to find them. Do you have an item number?

If you really like them, it doesn't matter what others think. Do what makes you happy and makes your heart sing.

Don't you just love Christmas?  Smiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

I have to admit that I loe the oversized items. I'm at the stage where I like to decorate with a few large items and the trees and garlands. I saw a few items in the gold & silver that are reducted from last years David's show. I'm so tempted but I'm wondering if they're returns. I remember some of the reviews said that packaging and damage was an issue.

Not sure which way I'll go on this. I wish I knew what the TSV for gem day was so I could pick the one big thing that I can budget for this year.    

Frequent Contributor

@labmommy1 if you like them you should order them.  I was tempted because I decorate our kitchen in gingerbread.  But, I bought valerie's glass light up gingerbread guy a few years ago (I think it was a TSV), and I just love putting it out.  I say decorate how you like.  My house is would never be featured in any magazine because I decorate with vintage and new items and in ways that make us happy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Fressa - There will be a "David's Great Big Christmas" show on Sunday afternoon right after ITKWD, so it's possible the items you're viewing are restocks rather than returns, and it's also likely he'll have at least one or two new things to present.

Frequent Contributor

The item numbers are h219987 and h219988.  Yes I will watch David tonight for sure.  Thanks girls for the replies.  Hard to decide about the gingers because not sure what else is out there.  I have gingers in my kitchen but they have over run to some in every room.😊  I think I will go for it though.  Love love, love Christmas in july.  Enjoy everyone.  Thanks again for the happy replies.