Respected Contributor

I prefer an artificial tree.

My husband and I  did the real tree thing for quite a few years. The last time I had  a real one was several years ago, the thing started drooping and dropping needles like crazy. My ornaments were touching the floor by the time it was over with. I kept it watered - I think the thing was just old or something! Cut too early I am sure. Went out the next year and bought a full artifial tree and never looked back. That tree lasted for years and I am now saving it for my son - he has wonderful memories with that tree - helping me decorate it and then decorating it mostly himself. It is still in perfect condition - I never stuffed it back into  the original box - I used three  boxes so it didn't need to be as squished. Now that I think about it - that tree was soo worth what I paid for it and then some. And, I also prefer to string my own lights rather than a prelim one , I really think they are a waste of money - I know too many people that have only gotten a year or two out of some even with a high price tag - they may be easier, but I really think they are a throw away item. Whatever you use - happy decorating... It is right around the corner!!!

-Texas Hill Country-