Honored Contributor

Christmas tree shortages?

[ Edited ]

This morning I saw a report that live Christmas trees may be hard to find this year as well as places to sell them . We have an artificial tree since DH is allergic to live ones. Would the shortages be due to the virus? Or the delivery/ supply line issue now? Can't imagine why the pandemic would cause a shortage...or maybe the fires out west? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas tree shortages?

There is officially nothing this situation hasn't managed to screw up. I wouldn't have been buying a tree anyway but I'm just sayin'...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Interesting, I had not heard that. I also wonder what the reason would be. 

Like you, I also have an artificial tree but when I had live ones I did really enjoy them.

Honored Contributor

Hey 2020, give it to me, what else are you going to throw my way?! 

Honored Contributor

As I recall, we went through this same situation last year and there was no virus then.  We also had a canned pumpkin puree shortage.  FARMERS: grow more pumpkins and trees!!!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Something else to 'worry' about.  LOL

Trees continue to grow - no matter how many people become sick.

Perhaps fewer were planted b/c fresh cut trees are so expensive.  Spend the same  $$ for artificial and you'll have it for years.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

There is officially nothing this situation hasn't managed to screw up. I wouldn't have been buying a tree anyway but I'm just sayin'...

Inexplicably, this comment is SO COMFORTING! You hit the nail RIGHT ONTHE HEAD!

Valued Contributor

@Jordan2  Ha! You know there will be an apocalyptic snowstorm this year. We've had everything else, so why not!?!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CritterKeeper wrote:

@Jordan2  Ha! You know there will be an apocalyptic snowstorm this year. We've had everything else, so why not!?!  

@CritterKeeper @Jordan2  In my area, we've not had a real winter for several years but I've been thinking this will be the year we get the winter from hell. Don't get me wrong, I like winter, and certainly would like to see more of one then we've had lately, but if ever there would be a year of winter off the charts, this would be it... Then, expect fireballs from the sky and that long promised plague of locusts...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

We already have some of those murder hornets!!  Yikes, does that count??