Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas this year will be?

I'll be attending Midnight Mass, volunteering to deliver prescriptions from 6 to 1& meet family at 3 to go for a walk in the park...it isn't going to be the usual in home celebration with food & gifts but that doesn't matter, we'll keep it simple & count our blessings. Merry Christmas.

Esteemed Contributor

Zooming or video chats. Service on tv. Seafood. May watch It's A Wonderful Life

Socially distanced Christmas visit last Sunday with DS#1, DIL & Granddaughter  Had pizza (DS's family request)

Left Christmas gifts on porch of DS#2  for Grandsons, DS#2 & DIL first thing this morning.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Christmas Eve Candlelight Service will be done virtually ....⛪ 🕯️ 📺 Afterwards, my friends and I may go out to look at Christmas lights with Christmas music playing in the background, and then we will be watching Christmas movies together....🎄

Christmas Day--🎁 😺

My kitties will check out their Christmas stockings for their favorite treats and toys--(my friends and I have discontinued gift giving)

And the day itself is SUDDENLY UNPREDICTABLE---my sister was just informed she may have to work on Christmas..... So instead of her hosting, another friend will play host to 4 people with pizza as our dinner...

We will be watching the NFL (of course).......and eating Christmas cookies!📺🏈🍪

Playing Games.....eating Christmas cookies! 🍪🃏 🎲

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! 

🎄🎅

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Spending Christmas Day with husbands family. 

Honored Contributor

Breakast--My Grandma's banana walnut coffee cake.

Chat on phone with sister.

Watch church service on computer. 

Christmas music playing all day.

LI'l smokie and cocktail meatball appetitzers for lunch.

The tree and fireplace will be on. 

A glass of wine and a movie after dinner.

I am going to embrace this quiet, peaceful, and tranquil holiday. 

Super Contributor

Spent at home eating and relaxing with  my husband and dog.  I am 66 years old and have spent every Christmas but one with my parents.  This will be the first one spent at home.  

My family, or more specifically, my mother, celebrates the holiday with the same foods and the same TV programs every single year.  For years I have wanted to do something different, but we always did the same thing, because you never know ... it could be our last Christmas with mom.  

This year mom is 92 years old and doesn't want us to come over for obvious reasons.  

So .... I will fix our favorite foods (sausage casserole,  roast, peach cobbler), listen to Christmas music, take a long walk in the woods and watch Hallmark instead of football and the Christmas Story.  

While I will miss spending time with the extended family, I have to admit that I am looking forward to the Christmas of my dreams while still having my mother alive.   

The best of both worlds. 

Trusted Contributor

Christmas will be tough as I lost my husband in September.  I know I am repeating myself on here, but its going to be a rough week.  

My daughter and her husband will be with me Christmas day

I apologize for repeating myself, sometimes I just still can't even believe it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our's will be the same as has been since 2005, this was the December one week before Christmas that my dear Dad died. Since then, this holiday has been unlike any other. My husband and I and our poodle Wallace will be hanging home like we've been doing for years, just us, no one else. There are no gifts, no presents under any tree. We gave this up ever since my husband gave me a bag of junk from walmart one year. So that ended many years ago as well, I don't need c*ap handed me in a plastic bag labeled wally world.

Throughout the winter I look forward to the Winter Solstice which is tomorrow. Within the next two weeks or so our daylight will begin to gain a minute, then two of course on the slow move but on the move anyway towards SPRING!!!

Valued Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Reconnaissant   Thank you so much for your kinds thoughts. I wish you and your family a warm and cozy holiday season, this week and next.